Vegan Brothers in Iron - The Documentary

bvp663

Hey all! Just wanted to give you all a short sneak peak on a project that I've been working on with Robert and Lean and Green as they prepare to head to the stage in 5 weeks. More to come, stay tuned!

Edited by bvp663

Thanks!

We're PUMPED! hence all the recent promotion!

Hey everyone,

I'm filming a new movie! You've seen me fundraising like crazy, know that I'm out in Hollywood right now and many of you have supported my upcoming competition without even knowing I have been filming a movie around it. I kept it quiet because I really didn't know if I could generate the funds necessary in a timely manner to keep going.

I recruited Lean and Green, bvp663 (Award-winning Producer), and Octopussoir and we have been filming for the past 6 weeks and will continue to film for the next 3 months. Many others have played helpful roles too such as dropsoul, Richard, VeganEssentials, Tasha, etc. and all of you who have donated some funds, purchased a shirt, etc.

I'll provide more info soon and more will be on our website soon too. We only have quick teaser video at the moment because we're so busy fundraising to keep the project going. We're still in need of support to see the project through and we've all been working very hard to achieve that.

I'm very proud of everyone I've been working with on this NEW documentary that should be totally awesome and have an impact on many. Everyone who donates or contributes will be listed in the credits, as we've said all along...that everyone will be acknowledged.

Please spread the word. We have websites, banners, links, videos, photos, all available now and will have more later too as well.

------------

Here is some additional info on how to help out if you are moved to do so:

We are filming a documentary about our lives leading up to this bodybuilding competition. We have nearly 30 hours of footage and will likely have 100 hours of footage by time we finish filming in May.

We didn't mention our documentary at first because funding was so touch and questionable and I didn't want to say anything and not be able to follow through. Because of the support we've been getting, we've kept on moving forward and now we're confident everything will work out, though we are still seeking support as we move forward.

We'll have many more teaser videos to come...we are all so busy filming, fundraising, training and working that it is hard to go through the footage and edit things together at this early stage of production. We still have 3 more months of filming and this documentary should be due out in Fall 2009.

Thanks for the support!

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs023.snc1/2563_1109413369661_1056650054_347716_1502136_n.jpg

Vegan Bodybuilders poised to make history with April 25, 2009 competition

For immediate release – By Robert Cheeke

VeganBodybuilding.com members Robert Cheeke, Giacomo Marchese, and Jimi Sitko are competing on April 25, 2009 in Phoenix, AZ at the 2009 INBF Best of the West Bodybuilding Championships – Pro Qualifier. We wish we weren’t making history but it seems that we probably are. For the first time we’ll have 3 (or more) Vegan Bodybuilders in the same competition, on the same stage, in the same weight class, at the same time. We wish this would have happened a long time ago, and perhaps it has, but as far as we know, we’re going in there to make some sort of statement for vegans in athletics and to make history for veganism. For information about the competition, please visit this link: http://www.donrobinsonproductions.com/inbf.html

We have been training extremely hard, working out 2-5 hours a day, pushing ourselves through each grueling workout, demanding excellence from our workouts and diets, and we are determined to make a difference, save lives, and promote veganism in a unique and positive way that should influence many.

If you are in the Phoenix, AZ area or live near by, we’d love to have your support in attendance! Or even if you live far away but want to be part of this historic event and watch it live, we’d love to have you there! Bodybuilding is a tough and demanding and expensive sport. On top of normal costs, we’re all flying to Phoenix to take place in this historic contest, staying together in a hotel and will be doing photo shoots, media interviews, etc. while we’re out there promoting our cause. With the added expenses, we have been welcoming and receiving donations from various members of the vegan community, family, and friends. All of my income from my various jobs is going into this project and it is exciting since we’re less than 7 weeks away! We’re still in need of additional support to make sure we all get out to Arizona for this event to make it happen. If you find http://www.veganbodybuilding.com valuable, or want to support fellow vegans determined to have an impact, please consider making a donation assisting three great representatives of the vegan movement in the upcoming competition. To make donations, please send them to: [email protected] via paypal (note the er ending) or mail any donations to:

Robert Cheeke

6103 NE 6th Ave

Portland, OR 97211

Anyone can make a donation, you don’t have to be in Arizona, or be a member of http://www.veganbodybuilding.com, but a simple paypal payment goes a very long way and all payments sent to me (Robert Cheeke) will be spread evenly among the three of us committed to this competition. I am handling the expenses for all of us including flights, hotel, etc. so sending it directly to me is the most efficient way to facilitate this. It’s going to be awesome and we’re really pleased to have your support!

There are many other ways to support our efforts and get something in return…you can purchase a Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness clothing item, a Vegan Fitness Built Naturally DVD, or purchase Vega or Sun Warrior (two of our sponsors) products through our http://www.veganbodybuilding.com website and website forum.

You can also visit a NEW website dedicated to supporting our efforts here:

http://www.veganproteins.com

Thank you in advance for your support!

All donors will be acknowledged and thanked.

Check out our Blogs/Training Journals for our latest journals and photo and video updates: They are all found on the http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/phpBB2 forum and one link to get you started is here:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=16784

Thank you again,

All the best!

Robert Cheeke

Founder/President

Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs023.snc1/2563_1109413369661_1056650054_347716_1502136_n.jpg

--------------

More about the documentary:

For Immediate Release March 6, 2009

Vegan Bodybuilders Poised to make History in April, 2009 Competition

And your opportunity to be part of it

Vegan iconoclast Robert Cheeke, selected as one of VegNews Magazine’s Most Influential Vegan Athletes, and one of Willamette Week’s most read stories of 2008 is producing his 2nd documentary promoting the Vegan Bodybuilding lifestyle.

The Vegan Brothers in Iron Documentary was conceptualized by Robert Cheeke (Director/Producer Vegan Fitness Built Naturally (2005) – http://www.veganfitnessteam.com) in 2008 with the vision of following vegan bodybuilders Robert Cheeke and Giacomo Marchese as they prepare for twelve weeks to compete in a natural bodybuilding competition in Phoenix, AZ in late April 2009. The objective is to show all sides of the process that a vegan bodybuilder goes through to prepare to compete in a bodybuilding competition with a story line that entertains the audience throughout. The documentary has a twist when top vegan bodybuilder Jimi Sitko, a favorite to defeat both Robert and Giacomo, enters the competition and makes the trip to the desert from Alabama. For the first time in history, at least 3, and maybe more vegan bodybuilders will share the same bodybuilding stage at the same time, making a loud statement for vegans in athletics. This documentary is being produced by award-winning Producer Brian Van Peski.

Robert’s first documentary has been featured in multiple film festivals and sold to people in more than 30 countries, making it one of the most popular and best-selling vegan documentaries in history. Robert vows that Vegan Brothers in Iron will out-sell Vegan Fitness Built Naturally and be more popular and more influential.

Robert and the producers of Vegan Brothers in Iron are currently seeking sponsors, donors and contributors to the funding and the production of this historic video project. All selected sponsors and donors will be featured in some way the documentary and given credit for their contributions. Filming has already begun and will culminate in late May, 2009 after the competition.

To contribute in the form of products, clothing, or financially, send materials to:

Robert Cheeke

Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

6103 NE 6th Ave

Portland, OR 97211

USA

I don't know if you were planning on doing this, but brian you should follow the guys after the comp too, for a little bit, especially the first meal they have breaking the cutting diet and getting back to a normal weight.

I will definitely buy this.

Please excuse my language, but my meal is gonna be fuckin' insane!!!!!!!!!!! Already planning on the 9mo.'s preggo look.

Also, we plan on staying in AZ for a day or two after the comp to work on the dvd.

am really looking forward to seeing this! I hope there is plenty of stuff about vegan nutrition with regards to bodybuilding, such as typical meals that the competitors eat.

This documentary will have footage of their eating habits leading up to the competition, but won't be a comprehensive look at how and what to eat for vegan bodybuilding. That sort of more "how-to" information I think was covered in "Vegan Fitness Built Naturally" DVD. This is more a documentary about the story and the journey of the characters involved. We may have something covering nutrition as an added bonus in a secondary DVD release or on the film's site.

Thanks for your interest!

Also can't wait to check it out. I like the 30 second teaser there; can you guys get some quick recorded quotes in there for each of you about the essence of this project? Just a few words would add a powerful hook to the teaser! The documentary for Ultramarathon Man (Dean Karnazes), for example, has him saying just the few words in the beginning, "We're so comfortable, we're miserable" (referring to the average American). That kinda thing in the teaser relating to this project would add a killer touch, IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

Yea this feedback is awesome. I'm not fielding or harboring any discussion about intake or LACK THEROF right now. Oh glycogen, where did you go????? HELP! .. gasp ...

Josh,

can't wait to chill again

Joe; remove that avatar, no pics of tempting delicacies allowed! lol

dani; i love you

seitan; good ideas!

octo; please see request number one above!

ok delerious at 3:15. gotta get to bed.