went to the gym today with my new vegan body

So,

Worked out today, upper body. 5 muscle groups.

It is my second workout since vegan started 3 weeks ago for me.

(I know, I must get to the gym more. In fact, it is my 3rd time this year, oncer per month! Nah, I am excited to go more frequently now---)

I am doing 2 warm up sets, then one heavy set, 8 to 12 reps.

I want to do all body parts every other day, but today just did upper body stuff.

I did this workout back in the 90s, and thought it was very good. Reading here, I gues it is an option for a vegan lifestyle. So, I am going to do this "system" of working out for a while....

HERE is the good part! I was feeling MUCH stronger with my new vegan body than I was before vegan! Now, I haven't been to the gym for some time, so I wasn't expecting much.

But after reading here that intensity is key, I just "went for it" while pushing the weight around. (Mostly free weights, major compound movements, bench, seated mil press, and on the gravitron-- dips , pull ups, and palm facing pull ups for biceps)

For some reason, I thought that I would be more "fragile" by eating only vegan protien, vs. Animal protien.

WRONG! I felt great! So, I have to push harder and see how far my new body can go.

Andddddd- hahahha. I told some dude I was vegan, he said "no way, you can't lift without animal protien". I mentioned this site.

Then he said, "go work out hard, and see if at the end you don't want a burger or a pice of chicken!!!".

Exactly. No thanks!

Can't wait to get to the gym tomorrow!

Al

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who says that to you is completely uninformed! Protein is protein and I would argue plant protein is more bioavailable. Look at the pro athletes who are vegan, they all say they can go longer and stronger than their teamates now and with less injury.