Interval Training Vs Hurricane Training

I'm aware they're essentially the same but I've been doing interval jog/run on a treadmill for over a month and seen good results.

Is cardio similar to lifting weights where its wise to change your workout every so often to shock the body?

Whats more effective: Interval (jog/run) or Hurricane Training.

I haven't researched into Hurricane training much but its just doing circuits right?

Is cardio similar to lifting weights where its wise to change your workout every so often to shock the body?

"Shocking the body" does not work in cardio or weight lifting. Your muscles only know two things; how to contract and expand. Your body can't tell the difference between the order of the exercises or using a machine versus a barbell (in cardio running outside vs treadmill). Yes, one aids in better form possibly and can prevent injury, but it doesn't "shock" anything in larger or more effective growth.

Your body can't tell the difference between the order of the exercises

But the order of exercises will have some impact on results because the further down the order a given exercise is the less energy and strength you potentially have remaining to execute them, resulting in lower reps and/or load. If you were to do isolation exercises first up you may not get as much benefit from the all-important compound movements further down the order.

or using a machine versus a barbell (in cardio running outside vs treadmill). Yes, one aids in better form possibly and can prevent injury

It's not just about form and preventing injury. Using free weights works the stabilizing muscles more than using a machine.

RE the OP's question, I have no idea sorry. HIIT works for me at the moment.

Yes, it's obvious that you lose energy as you workout, and organizing your workout is important if you want to focus on a certain thing. That being said, what I was getting at is your body doesn't care if you do bicep curls, barbell curls, or whatever. If you are pushing each muscle to the limit and stimulating growth, it will happen. You can't shock muscles by "surprising them". We're talking about two different things here.

Again, I shouldn't have made the blanket statement. Yes, you're right about the stabilizing muscles being worked when using free weights as opposed to a machine. That has nothing to do with my comment though. Your body can't be "surprised". That's all I am saying. Trying to confuse your muscles won't break you through a plateau or produce EXTREME MUSCLETECH RESULTS. Good ol' fashion hard work and heavy ass weights does that.

I'm aware they're essentially the same but I've been doing interval jog/run on a treadmill for over a month and seen good results.

i'm a little curious. do you mind sharing what sort of interval training you do exactly? i'm trying 15seconds sprinting on the spot (i guess i should hit the park now since it's getting warmer) then 30-60seconds rest, and repeat about 6+ times.

you do something similar? because i'd like some results too haha

i'm a little curious. do you mind sharing what sort of interval training you do exactly? i'm trying 15seconds sprinting on the spot (i guess i should hit the park now since it's getting warmer) then 30-60seconds rest, and repeat about 6+ times.

you do something similar? because i'd like some results too haha

I do HIIT for 20 mins

2 mins of jogging followed by 1 min of all out sprinting!

I used to be so unfit before starting this. Almost 2 months later, it seems alittle easy.

But I've lost about a stone.

I have also seen really good results with HIIT. Sort of stumbled on it accidently, not because I didn't hear of it before, just cause its incorporated in the dvds that I work out with at home. (can't imagine going to a gym, driving, spending extra money and time, when I can get a killer workout at home with free wts and good dvds).

I use interval free wt training and intense cardio HIIT dvds. When I started using them, at least 5 days a week, my BF% really started going down. I can see now intensity is a HUGE factor in leaning out, really pushing to the max. I don't have to workout this way more than 20-30 min to get good results, at least at the level of fitness I'm at currently, but I DO have to push the intensity at intervals. Like really push, to almost out of breath at times. But it feels SO good, I can tell that pushing to my limit is building cardio vascular strength, increasing growth hormone, burning tons of fat.....plus the endorphine rush is awesome!