Orlando, FL

We'll get more and more members from here soon. Another one just joined and I'll be in Orlando this week, though just passing through heading up North to UofF.

That'd be great. Too bad I missed you this week. I'm sure there will be "another time" soon, yes? How was the visit to the Sunshine State?

thesightofoneself: That'd be great. We should attempt to orchestrate something.

I'll PM you my email addy.

Oh sweet! More people from Orlando....awesome!

Orlando is home away from home for me. I live in Portland, OR ...

I occasionally miss Portland (born and raised), but I've also grown quite fond of the East Coast.

Apple: When is the next Disney Marathon? It's January 2010, yes? I'm sure we can get a group to come out and support you.

This is soooo cool!

Orlando is like home away from home for me!

I'd love to be part of some of these meet-ups!

I'll let you know when I'm there next.

All the best and have fun!

Please consider inviting your local friends to our forum too! I love seen regions grow like this!!!

No, I know there are a few others. I'm assuming Hayley (HSOrlando) is from Orlando and a few from the Tampa area. I'm sure the Daytona guys would be up for a short trip westward.

I think: "If we it, they will come."

Maybe we also need to post a similar thread in a more general location?

Ok, I'm having internet issues, so I can't check this as much as I used to, but I am definitely up for some gatherings. There are quite a few vegan places we could meet up at. there's of course Etho's, Garden Cafe, drunken monkey, Dandelion Tea, 118 Degrees, and a new vegan place called The Loving Hut. So hopefully we can all meet up sometime soon.

That sounds like a plan to me. I'll pm you my email addy also. I'm done with finals by the first week in May, so I'm thinking it'd be fun to meet up sometime around there--if this isn't too short a notice.

What's everyone else think?

Can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I know it's late notice but, tomorrow there's an Earth day event at Lake Eola in Downtown Orlando. I work at the Y, which is about 1 mile away, and will be walking over to Lake Eola at 1pm, when I get off. I will wear my brown vega shirt so if anyone wants to try to meet up maybe it'll happen.

Ok, well I enjoyed the Earth Day event all by myself. It was alright though, because I did run into several people from the YMCA. I enjoyed a black bean rice bowl for lunch, along with a natural blueberry soda. I then had a cup of coffee, yes it was over 90 degrees, and I was outside drinking coffee! I had to have some coffee though to go with my raw key lime cupcake from 118 Degrees cafe. It sure was yummy.

Anyway I got a bunch of free literature about green homes that they are building, some new pamphlets about factory farms and how bad they are for the environment, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Aww. I feel badly. You shouldn't have had to go by yourself. If only I had checked VBB sooner. I was in the heart of finals so I felt like a hermit up until a few days ago. We absolutely need to do something soon. I'll be OOT the last two weekends in May.

Well one day we'll eventually get a Central florida meet-up group from here. There's so many places we could meet up at, theme parks, Downtown Orlando, veggie restaurants, gyms, parks. I'm pretty much up for anything, except I have to rely on public transportation at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I am still here in Otown, wondering where the heck all the other Florida/Orlando fit vegans are!!!! I'm off tomorrow, and then will be off next Sunday which is the 21st I think. The other days I generally am the opener for my department. So what does anyone else in the Central Florida area want to do???? I do not have a vehicle, so I can't go too far.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...