My Progress Pics. No Results!

I think first and foremost is to think of what you want to accomplish. Do you just want to get big as just mass? Do you want to be like a pro bodybuilder big and cut or do you want to have mainly lean muscle mass and be cut. Work out will be different also for everyone and what your aiming for. I think that think where you want to be. Don't focus on how you look. Focus on having fun at the gym.

Because if you think of your looks then you will only be beating yourself up if you don't see fast gains. Take pictures after every week. Keep a photo journal. You will see the changes.

The quick way to loose that weight is eat very high raw food. That is the truth. I don't think that it is the most popular choice but it really matters how much you really want to change your body. Raw food diet really sheds off the pounds there is tons of evidence from real live individuals who lost pounds fast and healthfully. I being very straight forward and honest.

Diet is first. Loose the extra weight and then you will see more results. Because the extra hides the hard work.

Then work out 3 times a week or more but consistently and don't skip weeks unless of injury. Don't go to the gym and lift to lift but think well what you want to really work that day. Get their and kick butt go hard. My suggestion first is get your muscles conditioned and strong. Dips and pullups are the best to build upper body strength I feel. Then add legs. No legs then you won't create as much natural growth hormone and remember more muscle the more calories you will burn. Apply intense cardio for 5 to 10 minutes before and after workout. Specially after so that you really push that calorie burn.

As for diet. Again I agree with many here your eating too much processed food with a lot of whey. Look at my before/ and after pics before when I was vegan. I was a skinny guy and did not have much of a gut but the milk protein shakes gave me a bloated look. Try brown rice protein or hemp like many here are doing. You will find much better results and you won't add all that extra empty calories. And unless your lifting like vegan essentials or Robert your really eating to much protein powder for nothing. You don't need it now let your body adapt to the workout and then when the muscle are bigger start including more protein. Food is filled with protein as is.

I hope this helps on a different view of things.

VeganEssentials and RAINRA, thank you so much for your comments.

So I think thats what I'm concentrating on first; losing the fat.

So as an example diet, should I just eat a salad for lunch and introduce low carb meals throughout the rest of the day?

Is Brown Rice protein just as beneficial as Whey??

I keep a monthly measurments diary. I thought I worked really hard doing cardio last month and was hoping to see some drop in measurements but nothing! My stats remained the same as the month before. Diet again??

Also stop caring about x amount of protein

If your daily x-ammount of protein havent worked for you so far then you can reason out that lack of protein is NOT the missing key here

As i said more carbs to help your body to absorb the protein is the key

Dont reason like most people (if something isn't workning, do more of it).. that's like tyinig to run trough a wall, and if you don't succeed then you run faster..

imho thats the definition of an idiot

So I think thats what I'm concentrating on first; losing the fat.

I don't thinkt that's smart... if you gain some muscles first, it'll be a lot easier to loose fat, since muscles burn calories even when they rest. Also you will only look skinny when you lose the fat first, and not fit or muscular...

Is Brown Rice protein just as beneficial as Whey??

Soy and Pea Protein are. They both are resobred just as fast and their amino acid profile works well for the body.

I had some great losses bf wise last year following the advice of people on the forum. I found my basal metabolic rate and tried to honestly calculate my daily calorie needs. Went out of my way to reduce the amount of processed foods from my diet. I am a vegetarian too but I really gave it a good go to reduce the amount of animal products in my diet to 0. (I didn't succeed but I am pretty low and it still is a goal of mine.) I set 2 month goals with workout programs and then changed the goals up. And the big thing that I think helped was trying to everyday get my heart rate up for least 20 min. No matter what. Every day I tried. I didn't always succeed but I tried. Ride my bike to work hard on my off days, go over to the track to take a jog around the track on my off days, what ever. If I wasn't doing a resistance training day I would try to get something in for at least 20 min. I didn't get the kind of muscle mass gains I was hoping for but I certianly shed a nice amount of bf. Just my 2 cents. Whatever you do don't give up. When you come to a forum with passionate people you get passionate answers.