How do you get your protein powder when cutting?

Hi there,

I recently decided to cut off my carbs to get a bit more ripped. The only problem I have is that I can't see pea, rice and hemp protein in water anymore. I take 60 g. of it a day and it makes me sick by now. What to do? I've tried with sucralose flavouring powders, but these proteins taste so strong... Maybe by cooking it?????

Any ideas?

Thx!

Hmm, I'll take 50g of a pea/rice blend at a time and not have any problems. I could understand straight pea being a problem since it gets grossly thick by itself... makes me want to puke.

I use a 70/30 rice/pea mix from trueprotein.com with their natural orange flavor, which is tolerable in water. I find that ratio give me a good balance between amino profile and no-vomit-ness.

Depending how low carb you want to go, you could try blending it with things like peanut butter, cocoa powder, or a low-carb fruit like strawberries.

If you don't care about being it being natural-ish you could try mixing with sugar free koolaid.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Hmm, I'll take 50g of a pea/rice blend at a time and not have any problems. I could understand straight pea being a problem since it gets grossly thick by itself... makes me want to puke.

Same problem for me. 3 weeks ago it was still ok, but by now I can't see it anymore without getting my stomac turned.

Depending how low carb you want to go, you could try blending it with things like peanut butter, cocoa powder, or a low-carb fruit like strawberries.

If you don't care about being it being natural-ish you could try mixing with sugar free koolaid.

I'm too low in carbs to add what you suggest by now (around 180 g. a day). Although I've tried with cocoa powder and a bit of xylitol, but it was horrible.

I'll have a look on koolaid, dunno what it is.

Thx

Sorry I tend to make US-based assumptions when people don't specify otherwise. Kool-Aid is a brand of sugary drink mix that comes in flavors such as cherry and fruit punch. I'm sure there's a version of it in france (?). Around here there's sugar-free versions that are made with artificial sweeteners and flavors.

Sorry I tend to make US-based assumptions when people don't specify otherwise. Kool-Aid is a brand of sugary drink mix that comes in flavors such as cherry and fruit punch. I'm sure there's a version of it in france (?). Around here there's sugar-free versions that are made with artificial sweeteners and flavors.

Damn, is my accent that strong?

Yes, Switzerland actually. We have something like this here too, I'll try.

Thx!