Do a Pig a Favour! Ban Vegetarianism Now!

Trev

That...is fucking stupid. I think he lost any sort of intelligent readers when he said that food allergies are faked so people can diet. WTF.

"Vegetarians never love food. They merely tolerate it." Has this man never heard of Isa-Chandra Moskowitz? She writes entire books devoted to vegan cupcakes, by god! If that's not love, I don't know what is.

I'm used to people bashing vegetarianism.. I can't honestly say I know why they do that. It's not like vegetarians are hurting anyone.

Anyways, this guy pissed me off because he not only had something against vegetarians, but women and Indian people. I don't like sexists, and I don't like bigots.

This is the comment I left.

Not only did your article contain negative stereotypes about vegetarianism, but it also including sexism and racism in case you didn't piss enough people off. How can the Times allow such a bigot to write for them?

By the way, Hitler was a vegetarian by doctor's orders to control his cholesterol.

Actually I'm not sure about the last part.. I know Hitler was told to eat vegetarian by his doctor but not sure if it was high blood pressure or cholesterol. I wrote cholesterol because I was running out of room.

"Vegetarians never love food. They merely tolerate it." Has this man never heard of Isa-Chandra Moskowitz? She writes entire books devoted to vegan cupcakes, by god! If that's not love, I don't know what is.

http://www.thecomedynet.com/wp-content/gallery/newimages5/laughing%20gifs.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Typical macho bacho wanna be tough guy nonsense. All of this is just plain bogus. Every now and then someone tries to justify hatred in the most stupidest ways. Hitler being a vegetarian that's whack, in fact that's just plain horrible.

I have tattoos (which are all meaningful) and I'm a vegetarian. I'm not a woman (even if I was why would that make any difference).

I agree though that all those hipster douchebags and whatever give vegetarians and vegans a bad name. How you going to be so concerned as to what goes into your body, and say you don't support the torture of animals yet you smoke cigarettes, do drugs, and excessivly drink? As a result from smoking you support the torture and murder of your own species.

More and more of these articles are popping up on blogs and newspapers now. I guess it's the new-old trend.

A Swedish dude recently wrote an article called "tofu is not the new chicken" where he said "plants are alive because they ALSO have photosynthesis". It kind of shows how intelligent these people are

I'm used to people bashing vegetarianism.. I can't honestly say I know why they do that. It's not like vegetarians are hurting anyone.

I think they do it because they feel threatened to see a group of people with a) more willpower than them, b) a healthier diet than them (this ties in to willpower as well), and c) principles they actually act on (again, this ties in to willpower). They want to feel justified in eating their steaks, hot dogs, and Dairy Queen. It's easier for them to try to convince themselves (and others) that veg*ns are unhealthy, that veg*n food is nasty, etc, than for them to admit, "Wow, there are millions of people who have the strength of character and concern for animals/the environment/their health to make this big change, and I'm too lazy to do it".

Of course, I think most of this is probably on a sub-conscious level. But why else would they lash out against veg*ns if it weren't because of a deep-seated insecurity?

Oh man. I just read the article. I liked the part about how dairy and wheat allergies (the author doesn't even know enough to single out gluten) are made up reasons to diet. I should tell my colleague that her 4 year-old son with celiac disease is faking it.

Food is fuel. It keeps you alive and running. Obesity is so prominent in America because people "love" food to much.

As for Hitler being a vegetarian. He occasionally ate meat and did it because his doctor said it would be a good idea and also because he believed that is what humans did before modern civilization (hunter/gather). He also however said that obesity was a plaque and weakened the human race (survival of the fittest). No, I don't agree with what Hitler did. But a super strict PE and diet enforcement would be good for alot of people in this world.

But Honestly Ghandi, Hitler, Einstein, Abe Lincoln, Thomas Edison. Yes Vegetarians were obviously extremists that also accomplished things good/bad that 99.99% of the population couldn't think possible at the time. I think when this guy flips on a switch for his lights he should kick himself in the ass.