VeganEssentials (Ryan Wilson) and Robert Cheeke in VegNews

robert

I just got my copy of VegNews Magazine today. Ryan (VeganEssentials) and I are included in the VegNews issue featuring the "top 15 veg athletes." Brendan Brazier and Tonya Kay (both in my movie Vegan Fitness - Built Naturally) also made the list.

To see the whole list of VegNews' version of the "top 15 veg athletes" check out the current issue of VegNews Magazine. It just came out so it may not arrive in some stores for another week or so.

Anyway, congrats to VeganEssentials! Way to go Ryan, it was awesome to see you in there!!!

-Robert

It was great to see you featured in there as well, Robert - congratulations to you too! I was surprised to be picked for it (who in their right mind wants my ugly mug gracing their article? ) but I'm glad I was able to get featured as well. They had a nice balance of all types of vegan athletes, so hopefully this draws a bit more attention to our little sub-movement and spurs more vegans to get fit, as well as show non-vegans that we're not the sickly stereotypes that so many people picture us to be!

Ryan

I subscribe, and really like the 'Fitness" issue as a whole.

Looks like vegan diets really help fuel endurance, does it (with some ultra marathoners and ultra runners in there).

This issue came out at just the right time, as there are people on another board who want to go vegan, but are worried that they can't build muscle or keep up their training progress.

Kathryn, by all means give those people who want to go vegan but are afraid of losing muscle the link to this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=1301&start=0

It is Daywalker's bodybuilding championship victory thread. Nobody can say you cannot be muscular on a vegan diet after they view that thread and indeed of course the pics of Robert and all the other muscle men here. SO you should give them the site info in general too.

Anytime I hear people questioning the possibility of vegan muscle, I ALWAYS very politely direct them to the pics on this website. SOmetimes, pictures are worth more than a thousand words. period.

Plus, you can tell them they will find lots of info and support for going vegan here!

Dont you agree?

Thanks for the comments, and again, great job Ryan!

This was just VegNews' version of "top 15 veg athletes." Certainly Alexander Dargatz should have been in there, especially in place of me, but he was not in the issue. I'm sure he'll be in next year, he has had a stellar year!

It is cool to see the variety of athletes. I was familiar with all of the except 2, the female ultra runner and the skier.

Well, happy holidays, I gotta go do some shopping now!

-Rob

Kathryn, by all means give those people who want to go vegan but are afraid of losing muscle the link to this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=1301&start=0

Plus, you can tell them they will find lots of info and support for going vegan here!

Dont you agree?

Thanks for the link! I've already posted a link to this site for them (as well as some other sites mentioned in VegNews).

And I do agree, lots of good support here!