Vegan Suit Needed ASAP

xveganjoshx

Yo,

Surprisingly I don't own a suit yet.

I need to buy a suit in the next few days. I want to be able to wear it for a gala event next week but I also want it to be suitable for job interviews/work (I don't do the dating coach thing full time fyi).

So that begs the question: Where in the hell can I find a nice vegan suit?

My dad phoned me today and recommended I get a "European cut" suit, because of my build or whatever. He said to go to K and G or the Men's Wearhouse. There you can get a nice suit for under $150.

Is it gonna be vegan though? Should I care? I don't know what to do.

Well I think you should care, if thats the type of thing you care about...right?

In the end though it is totally on you right.

If I was in your position what I would do is get what I can afford, and just make sure its not wool, cause thats just mean.

Besides that man, best of luck, and let us know what happens, for I am sure one day I will need exactly what your looking for.

Oh and why not just call the suit place and see if they have an all cotton suit?

Try some thriftshops? I've always figured it like recycling. You might be able to get it altered if it's close to fitting right.

I've got to start looking for suits soon too... professional upgrade is going to require a wardrobe upgrade.

There are not many suit jackets i've seen which are not wool. I was at JC Penny and they had a lightweight one, but it was not business attire, and it was navy blue. men's warehouse was going to release a line of hemp based suits, but i dont know how that came out. The thrift shop is an idea, but the times i've seen things at those places the suits look kind of ratty, and good luck finding your size! There was a K&G back in dallas, I never went to it though. Try JC Penny they might have what you seek and it probably will be on sale as they're hurting to move merchandise. Good luck Josh!

This place has some:

http://www.designersuits.com

Look up "tencel suits" as they're a different fiber material that's becoming more popular for suits, and I've heard that they're vegan unless it specifies a wool blend. I personally make it a point to avoid any situation where I have to dress up, so I haven't got any experience with these types of suits, but hopefully it'll help you get what you need!

Walmart sells some pretty nice suits. Not sure if they are vegan. Target also sells suits.
I have one of those Target suits and strangely got quite a few compliments while wearing it. Someone in nice shape in a well-fitted suit is always going to look good. Plus it was only like $80, is vegan, and doesn't require dry-cleaning.

I got a nice polyester/rayon blend for $150. Spent $68 dollars to get the jacket and pants tailored (god damn they don't make suits for people with wide chests/shoulders and 32 inch waists). That kind of sucked, but its gonna look hot on Saturday, I'm gonna kill it