Raw Food Diet Sample Menu????

Hi there guys

I just bought a raw food diet book and the meals below are taken from it.

I want to lose fat as well as gain muscle.

Do you think this is a good array of foods?

RAINRA, please answer this too... Thanks!

Breakfast

Oat Granola and Milk

Snack

Tropical Fruit Salad

1 Mango, 1/2 Banana, 1/2 Cup Strawberries, 1/2 cup Raspberries

Lunch

Garden Salad

1 Cup Torn Red Leaf Lettuce, 1 Cup Torn Romain Lettuce, 1/2 Avocado, 1/4 Cucumber Thinly Sliced, 1/4 Carrot Grated, 2 TBSP Sliced Olives

Sunflower Seeds (50g)

AND

Garden Wraps

1 onion sliced, 1/2 cup sliced mushroom, 1 TBSP Tahini, 2 Nori Leaves, 1/2 Avocado, 1/4 Cucumber Sliced, 1/4 Grated Carrot

Snack

Berry Smoothie

(1/4 cup water, 1 ripe banana, 1 cup fresh strawberries, blueberries or blackberries)

Dinner

Tomato Soup with 1/2 chopped avacado

Not Meat Balls ( 1/2 cup Walnut Pate, 2 TBSP Marinara Sauce)

Coleslaw (1 cup pressed cabbage, 1/2 carrot, 1/4 onion, 2 TBSP virgin olive oil, 1 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar, 1.5 Teaspoons agave nectar, 1/4 Teaspoon whole celery seeds)

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you're trying the raw food thing! First thing I thought when I saw your menu is that you'll need to eat more. I know it seems crazy, but if you're like me, you might need it. The meals you have look great and they'll keep you happy on this diet for sure! Looks like some tasty stuff. I'd just say you should throw in some extra stuff with each meal. One thing that's great for putting on muscle is sprouted grains. I am all about buckwheat right now, but lentils, mungbeans, quinoa, etc are all great. Other than that, I personally eat a ton of bananas. I also use Sun Warrior Protein, which is raw.

My favorite shake/smoothie right now is three bananas, six strawberries, 1 cup sprouted buckwheat, and 2 scoops of Chocolate Sun Warrior. Also, green smoothies are amazing. We all know that leafy greens are full of nutrients and protein and if you blend them in a smoothie, you can get like 4 times the amount that you could get in a salad.

Anyway, good luck! I'd like to hear how it goes.

you can get like 4 times the amount that you could get in a salad.

You can also eat that salad later too . One of the greatest advantages to green smoothies (for me anyway) is that I can only eat so much salad, but I can keep drinking it, so it helps for variety.

Guys to be honest, I find this diet so boring. It makes me so tired and drained too.. I eat fruit for energy as snacks but I still yawn like a champion after 7!

I've been doing this now for 3 weeks and I'm gonna keep going but eating salad all day is not fun!

Yeah looks like a great start. That will drop your weight excess unwanted weight. Remember if your in the gym working hard your gonna convert the excess negative weight into positive muscle. Keep at the gym and give your self plenty to rest. Your meals look good. If you feel that you need more calories fruit or avocados are a great way to increase calories eat less according to how your moving. Trust me it takes time. No over night fix but you should start feeling more energy. Rather than tired and sluggish. Let me know keep me posted through email [email protected]

Make sure you just get also adequit sun intake and cover your b12 with nutritional yeast with b12 (I use Redstar) or supplementation. I have had no effects from deficiencies or no sigh and I am not taking it every single day but I am conscious of it and do take it when I remember.

If he is is willing to share Jacamo (Lean and Green) is more of an expert on raw than I am since he competed raw. I am always willing to share what I know.

Again looks like your on the right track. Good variety of foods.

If you really want to loose more of the weight let go of the milk and try going for something from the milk alternatives. Milk gives people a bloated look.

oh an the fact your are adding all the great fruits and veggies that is great. I do agree that you can add more green leafy salads if you feel that you get more hungry. Lettuce will fill you but not add on the negative pounds.

Guys, as mentioned above, I am getting bored of this diet. Bored and quite tired.

I just checked the video link above and it mentions combining cooked and uncooked food.

Could somebody give me examples of cooked foods?

Thanks

More bananas for energy! They are magic.

First of all, I'm no raw expert, so my advice might not really be what you are looking for. I've dabbled, but haven't made it a lifestyle. Anyway, now that the weather is warming up, a lot more fruit is available, so try mixing up the fruit and making different fruit salads. I know a couple of raw books have "soups" that they make with fruit, by blending a lot of the fruit, putting it in a bowl, and adding some chopped fruit (for texture). It might be a refreshing twist on the salads and fruit snacks.

If you are really bored with salads, try blending your veggies up with a mango or banana and a little water (or some kind of milk) and drinking your greens. Ooh, and make yourself some guacamole. My favorite raw snack is broccoli dipped in guacamole.

Also, last summer I juiced a TON of carrots and drank carrot juice just about every day, and kept the pulp and cooked myself a carrot cake at the end of the week. I can't remember the recipe, but it was something lowfat, lowsugar with raisins. It was a good treat. Not raw, but I can look for recipe if you're interested.

While everyone is entitled to their opinion, I can't imagine how you can look at this and think "100% raw foodism = fail".

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c110/mikkei/IMG_3768.jpg Giacomo is a raw food machine!

My girlfriend and I are both on a 100% raw diet, and to be honest, we got bored in the beginning too. You just have to figure out what you like and always keep expanding on that. When I started I was just eating bananas, avocados, salads, nuts, and dates everyday. That's no way to live! haha.

But seriously, raw may not be for everyone so if it doesn't feel right you shouldn't stick with it. However, I think the tired feeling you may be having is a detox symptom. When you start raw your body will start expelling cooked food toxins to try to make you healthier. That uses a lot of energy so of course you'll feel pretty tired. It happened to me to.

Just off the top of my head, here's some of my favorite foods. Maybe it'll help you with ideas and keep things from getting boring.

Avocados

apples

bananas

papayas

mangos

kiwis

strawberries

blueberries

young thai coconut, water and meat

bell peppers

habanero peppers - not for everyone, but I love them.

Nuts and seeds are good, but soak them for a couple of hours to make the easy to digest

Almonds

Pepitas/pumpkin seeds

sunflower seeds

cashews

celery

carrots

lettuce

kale

collard greens

spirulina

nutritional yeast

buckwheat sprouts

sprouted quinoa

sprouted lentils

sprouted mungbeans

alfalfa sprouts

dates

figs

sun dried raisins

sun dried tomatoes

When I feel tired, I always have a green smoothie or carrot juice.

Also, Giacomo once told me that he thinks spirulina gives you an amazing energy boost when you take it everyday. I agree, it's great.

Hope this helps!

If you decide that you want to start mixing raw with cooked is best to not cook any veggies. A little couscous and raw veggies or a little who grain pasta with lots of veggies and raw veggie sauce.

Example you could by ezekiel sprouted grain bagels put avocado in a mixer with fresh pressed garlic and a bit of (liquid amino s)

very great tasting and filling and really never get tired of it.

Just remember the more fat you want to loose the more salads or raw veggies you must eat with simple dressing. No fatty dressings and little oil.

Oh and raw is not boring it is knowing what to prepare and how to prepare it. I think that tends to be my problem time to time. Genuine raw food is not just like eating bannanas all day but it can be if you want to make it that way. there are plenty of uncooked meals.

Tuna Salad Pate

2 cup sunflower seeds, soaked for two hours (soaking is just for making more absorbable in your body)

1 tablespoon dulse flakes

juice of one half lemon

2 tablespoons dill pickle juice

½ cup diced celery

¼ cup diced red onion

½ dill pickle, finely diced

½ teaspoon sea salt

1 In a food processor, combine sunflower seeds, dulse flakes, lemon and pickle juice. Process until seeds are a pate consistency. Transfer to a large bowl.

2 Fold in celery, red onion and diced pickle. Sprinkle in the sea salt.

Serves 2-4

http://www.thedailyrawcafe.com/2007/11/tuna-salad-pate.html