The new pope is evil. I have proof. *disclaimer added*

sinisterkungfu

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm loving this thread! I think is good to see people's reactions on sensitive issues like religion. I had already seen those pictures and found them a bit weird, that hat is remarkably similar to santa's and the fact that the pope was wearing it days before christmas was a strange coincidence. I had no idea that it had been around for centuries though.

Jonathan wrote:

to be fair though - the new pope is deeply conservative, and is totally against contraceptives which could save millions of lives, and stop millions more people being born. he also supports the inherent sexism that is in the catholic church, and refuses reform. by the measure the man is infact at least partly evil.

I agree and I'm not surprised. As a former catholic I find more disturbing to know that the pope was a member of the nazi party in Germany during the war. Also all he's done in the past to cover up paedophiles in the clergy doesn't really look good to say the least.

Anyway, I hope no one will be offended by what I've just written, they're just facts.

Edited by Cristian

I do see CG's point. And I don't think that for expressing it she should be called "psychotic" nor she it be suggested that she must have some sort of mental disorder (not that OCD is really such a bad thing, lots of impressive accomplishments have probably been helped out by a bit of it). I don't think the pope thing was meant as anything other than humor but the comments that followed became general religious bashing and my picture was obviously meant to needlessly antagonize. I don't want to needlessly antagonize and I apologize for "Smoking Jesus".

Thank-you for this post Jay.

And by the way, I think it takes a big person to admit that they may have been 'needlessly antagonizing.'

Edited by compassionategirl

CG - stop seeing the humourous side of it! you dont see the humourous side of it!!

jonathan

Jonathan, I never said that I didnt think any of this was funny. I was concerned with how other people might interpret it, however irrational and overly sensitive I personally thought that such a reaction would be. I thought this was obvious to some of you who knew me a lil better than sinister.

At any rate, as Matt would say, "Bloody woman."

He tells me I have OCD because I am constantly washing my hands. SO I thought when Sinister mentioned OCD it was hilarious!

By the way, it might be 'safer' to use a metaphor that did not involve panties. Not only am I "self-righteous" vegan and a stark raving mad religious Catholic, but I am also a flaming feminist. :

How about 'knickers in a twist'?

I thought 'knickers' was a British term. Arent you from South Carolina Sinister?

I'm trying to appeal to the international crowd.

(North Carolina, but close enough.)

Wow! Nice thread.

Worried about people being turned away? I would guess more potential vegans would be attracted to a pope-mocking site than a happy little christian head in the sand site?

So, just in case anyone hasn't been offended yet... Check these lyrics to Hang The Pope from one of my favorite bands, Nuclear assault... (too raw to directly post here) http://www.elyrics.net/read/n/nuclear-assault-lyrics/hang-the-pope-lyrics.html

I think religious people outnumber non-religious people, so pope-mocking would probably turn more away than attract

Will, in the US the religious outnumber the non-religious almost 10 to 1 (depending on exactly how you define the two.). But of the people that there's a snowball's chance in hell that they might become vegan I think non-religious probably way outnumber religious. At least for now.

Jza's diet:

Breakfast:

1 cup Barb wire, 1 cup herbal tea (organic)

Snack:

1 oz gun powder

Lunch:

2 cups dried Barb wire, 1 tomato.

Snack:

Nothing. Just punched myself in the face a few times.

Dinner:

3 newly born babies (vegan, of course).

Night snack:

5 onions, 8 lemons (trying to go raw).

Jza's diet:

Breakfast:

Snack:

1 oz gun powder

Lunch:

Snack:

Dinner:

Night snack:

Jza's diet:

Breakfast:

Snack:

1 oz gun powder

Lunch:

Snack:

Dinner:

Night snack:

Too frickin funny! Jza has a warm place in my heart and now you do too.

Will, in the US the religious outnumber the non-religious almost 10 to 1 (depending on exactly how you define the two.). But of the people that there's a snowball's chance in hell that they might become vegan I think non-religious probably way outnumber religious. At least for now.

Thanks Jay, that is exactly what I meant. I have known dozens of vegans and only one couple were christians.

Thanks Jay, that is exactly what I meant. I have known dozens of vegans and only one couple were christians.

True, but if vegans in the U.S. keep acting anti-religious (or specifically anti-Christian) then we're helping to ensure it remains a snowballs chance. I'm no fan of religion myself, but I usually get along with Chistians just fine. If people are more welcoming of religious folk (other than Buddhists, who run the vegetarian potlucks/meetups where I live) on message boards, at local meetups and local vegetarian clubs , and so on, numbers could increase

True, but if vegans in the U.S. keep acting anti-religious (or specifically anti-Christian) then we're helping to ensure it remains a snowballs chance.

Honestly, I see absolutely no difference between that and the vegans who act all anti-omni, which is far more prevalent in the vegan community and is doing alot more damage overall

True, but if vegans in the U.S. keep acting anti-religious (or specifically anti-Christian) then we're helping to ensure it remains a snowballs chance.

Honestly, I see absolutely no difference between that and the vegans who act all anti-omni, which is far more prevalent in the vegan community and is doing alot more damage overall

Yeah I agree. When vegans go around screaming bloody murder all the time it just makes most people think we're nuts