The new pope is evil. I have proof. *disclaimer added*

sinisterkungfu

Disclaimer: This thread is meant to be satire, and is to be used for humor purposes only. If you can't understand that, or you aren't open minded enough to accept that, then please press the 'back' button on your browser immediately.

http://www.schlocktoberfest.com/iB_html/uploads/post-1-23447-Pope_Santa.jpg

http://www.schlocktoberfest.com/iB_html/uploads/post-1-23467-Santa_Pope_2.jpg

All hail emperor Popeatine!

http://mellody.co.za/michaela/palpatine/gallery/emperor11.jpg

Edited by sinisterkungfu

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Sinisterkungfu, that is an awesome avatar! The Ulimate Warrior was awesome back in the day, but now he sucks. He hates vegans I met him 2 years ago and he's anti-vegan and bashes our lifestyle

The photo is great but the man isn't as cool as I once thought he was.

He has a pretty crazy website too. Not sure what the url is but it's about Warrior (his new legal name) so I'm sure it's not too hard to find.

Anyway, awesome looking avatar and those photos are pretty crazy....like alike!

Wow, Sinisterkungfu, that is an awesome avatar! The Ulimate Warrior was awesome back in the day, but now he sucks. He hates vegans I met him 2 years ago and he's anti-vegan and bashes our lifestyle

The photo is great but the man isn't as cool as I once thought he was.

He has a pretty crazy website too. Not sure what the url is but it's about Warrior (his new legal name) so I'm sure it's not too hard to find.

Anyway, awesome looking avatar and those photos are pretty crazy....like alike!

He doesn't just suck, he's totally insane. If you read some of the rants on his website it's pretty obvious that he has a very tenuous grip on reality. The avatar is funny though.

Yeah, the avatar is great. I actually haven't been to his website in like 2 years. I only saw it because I met him here in Oregon. He was an idol of mine when I was a kid and meeting him in person was not that cool at all. I spent something like 2 hours around him, listening to him do a presentation and then chatting afterwards. I just spoke with him very briefly. But I do know he seems pretty crazy these days.

-Robe

I think it is very sad that some of you cannot see how offensive, disrespectful and distasteful it would be to others members of the board to depict the pope essentially like he was Satan in human form.

There are ways to express your anti-religion views in a less offensive, mocking manner.

And for the record, no, actually, I am not Catholic.

That is all I have to say about this.

Edited by compassionategirl

It's just fact. The way people draw Jesus, he looks like Bill Bailey. That doesn't mean Jesus is anything like Bill Bailey, although they do have similarities in fact. Pope isn't anything like the Emporer just because he looks like him. Besides, there is no need to worry, as we will all recieve our punishment in hell.

http://www.comedycv.co.uk/billbailey/2003-january-bill-bailey.jpg

Bill Bailey

yep. i reckon im due an eternatity of roasting and pitchforks

another thing that cracks me up is the way that jesus is depicted as white. being from palestine he would obviously have much darker skin. talk about inherent racism.

sorry to offend nat - i just feel really really strongly on the matter.

jonathan

I think it is very sad that some of you cannot see how offensive, disrespectful and distasteful it would be to others members of the board to depict the pope essentially like he was Satan in human form.

There are ways to express your anti-religion views in a less offensive, mocking manner.

And for the record, no, actually, I am not Catholic.

That is all I have to say about this.

Yeah I was thinking the same. I'm agnostic, but I think it's pretty crummy to mock peoples beliefs like that. Unless the goal is to alienate the whole Christian world and make them think vegans are jerks..

I'm agnostic, but I think it's pretty crummy to mock peoples beliefs like that. Unless the goal is to alienate the whole Christian world and make them think vegans are jerks..

Exactly. I dont see how anything productive or positive can be born of such an immature, tactless mocking of people's religious views, no matter how utterly inane they may seem to some of us. Unless of course the goal is as you describe it above Will. Alienating mainstream, orthodox, Christians from the cause of veganism by showing such an immature and tactless lack of respect for what they (however inanely or not) deem to be Holy or Sacred or whatever, does NOTHING to help animals.

Nice goin guys.

Hero and Richard,

With all due respect, (and you know I have tons of it for both of you) I think both of you are missing my point.

YOU may feel that the visual observation was keen and funny, but from the point of view of a practicing, religious Catholic (which I am not by the way), the pics posted here, along with the title of this thread, may offend, outrage and even hurt. You arent seeing it from their point of view, you are looking at this thread from your point of view. Tolerance, I think, entails respecting other people's beliefs (especially something so important to some people like religion) as long as they dont harm innocent voiceless beings (human and non). I think that is a good, workable understanding of tolerance.

And, I just want to remind people, that yes we are here to have fun and speak freely and openly, but one important purpose of the board and the website (i think) is also to help animals. We should try and keep that in mind, and also remember that there are potentially non-vegan people lurking the site, some of which may be practicing, devout Catholics. I would hate to see them further turned off by vegans and veganism because of such an unnecessary "funny" disrespect.

In the end, I always try to evaluate something before I post it with the potential audience in mind-- will this help animals, have a neutral effect, or be misconstrued and thereby hurt animals/veganism? if it is likely to be misconstrued and hurt animals/animal rights movement/veganism, I try not to post it. To be sure, this may be a self-imposed limit on my freedom of expression, but I try and remember that poor animals themselves have NO opportunity for expression whatsoever!

Please at least try to mindful of all of the above.

I know the images are just a joke, but think about how it might look to a Christian lurker that is interested in going vegan and thinking about signing up for this website. You know, why make someone like that feel unwelcome? There's a million ways ot joke around without offending someone's religion

Hey this isn't Iran is it? I'm allowed to not be a christian? And to not hold the pope "sacred" or "holy" right? He does look pretty damm evil and my wife (who is a catholic) thought it was pretty funny.

http://www.english-atheist.co.uk/cd.jpg

Lots of great pics in this old thread at infidels.org

http://www.iidb.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=34816&page=13&highlight=smoking+jesus+pic

My favorite is bicycle seat Jesus. Couldn't find it though.

Just because your wife who "is Catholic" thought it was funny, that doesnt mean that other potential Catholic or otherwise Christian lurkers would.

I dont see why all the anti-religion people on this board have to go out of there way to offend and mock the religious views of others, with such a wanton disregard for the argument that has been raised about turning off potential new vegans/members away from the site. Or do you not give a flying f%$k about that Jay? If you dont, then at least have the guts to say so, rather than trying to hide behind rhetorical questions like "This isnt Iran, right? I am allowed to not be Christian, right" etc.

These pics are such an immature, imbecilic, ignorant way of expressing your anti-religious views. And even after the administrator of the board has expressed his concern that maybe it is inappropriate, you STILL continue to mock and ridicule, showing a complete lack of respect for him and others on this board. There are so much more innocuous ways of expressing your clear distaste for Christianity and those who choose to believe in it. Yet, so many of you seem to go out of your way to express your anti-religion views as offensively and antagonistically as possible.

Edited by compassionategirl

A lot of talk about the images... but little talk about the pope himself. Interesting.

Hope this works out.

(edit to add this note; I went from here to another site I visit and found discussion of religion there too... moreso about levels of affirmative responses to 'is religion important in your life' or something like that... link's here:http://tinyurl.com/8qphh it compares US to CA and EU etc.)