The new pope is evil. I have proof. *disclaimer added*

sinisterkungfu

Well then I cannot be bothered explaining it to you again. It has been explained to death already.

Not anywhere in this thread....

No, not at all. I dont tie everything to animal rights. But what gets posted on a vegan message board for all potentials new vegans to see is tied to animals, in the way that has already been explained.

Just because it's a vegan message board doesn't mean every single thread on here in inextricably tied in with animal rights. In case you didn't notice, I posted this in the General Discussion forum, since it's not related to anything 'on topic'.

Um, I know you're a relative newcomer to this board and all, Sinister, but trust me when I tell you that I have LOTS of fun here, as do my virtual friends.

Literally every single day I see you make at least one post where you're outraged about something or another. That doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough. Much better than simply posting a pic depicting the pope as the Grim Reaper, with a title that adds insult to any potential injury, and with a paltry excuse like "but it was only a joke." A joke to us maybe, but likely to offend some others.

It wasn't the Grim Reaper, it was Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars. I hope your hair didn't get messed up as that joke went over your head.

Point is that it depicts him as looking EVIL for f%$cks sake. I didnt mean literally like the Grim Reaper. So my hair is fine, but thanks for your concern.

BOTTOM LINE FOR ME:

I dont think we should be making ourselves look like insensitive, tactless, disrespectful jerks to non-vegans. How does that help animals?

Which is exactly what you're doing when you react like a complete psycho to a little bit of humor.

Hmmm.... if your definition of "psychotic" means being concerned about the potential impact of immaturely mocking a man who is held in high regard by so many people (though not necessarily myself), then you may indeed call me pyschotic. Coming from you and all that I have read from you, that is hardly insulting.

and I am now done wasting my time on you.

Aaron: i finally broke up the quotes!!!

Can we please call a truce???

All this negativity is bad.

I must quote the smurfs and say "goodness makes the badness go away"

shake hands.

dont look at me like that just do it.

SMURFFSS!!!!! I LOVED the Smurfs when I was lil. They're not on tv anymore though. Any idea where I can get a copy the Smurfs movie or something? maybe satelite tv?

Suggestions, please, suggestions about how I can re-unite with the Smurfs.

Mmm... now you made me crave those cupcakes that you had made Ash.

Mmm... now you made me crave those cupcakes that you had made Ash.

Ey, they came to my mind the moment i read "smurf", too!

I must quote the smurfs and say "goodness makes the badness go away"

Nice post

Another cool quote there

Clever little smurfs...

I get the feeling CG is upset because Christian bashing seems to be pretty popular on the site right now. I mean just use your common sense -if people keep ragging on Christians then you risk driving some away, and if everyone on here starts going a little easier on Christians then you have a better chance of attracting new people to the site

ah its not just christains - any religion really. shouldnt be taken personally - its a pretty general, non-specific contempt for all religions. its just that its christians that i meet most regularly so i have most experience with them.

jonathan

I don't think people should take it personally either. But if you post about how much you hate religious people and especially Christians every day, then someone is probably going to take it personally

Huh? How do you figure that? You prefer for people who feel offended to just let the feelings permanently simmer?

This is the ideology of giving up.

"It's all hopeless, we can never get along. Best we just shut up about certain issues. We'll all be dead soon enough anyway, so why bother."

If it really bothers you that much, you don't have to read it you know? I mean I certainly don't read every thread on every board I go to. It's not like you're stuck in a car on a long road trip with us forced to listen to this.

Huh? How do you figure that? You prefer for people who feel offended to just let the feelings permanently simmer?

This is the ideology of giving up.

"It's all hopeless, we can never get along. Best we just shut up about certain issues. We'll all be dead soon enough anyway, so why bother."

If it really bothers you that much, you don't have to read it you know? I mean I certainly don't read every thread on every board I go to. It's not like you're stuck in a car on a long road trip with us forced to listen to this.

I was really just being fecicious (sp). I like to play.

I wasn't trying to oppress anybody....

or was i....

all bow down to chesty leroux!!!

all bow down to chesty leroux!!!

*sighs* i hate it when she does that...

*bows down*

*keeps head down and face to the floor*

*notices knees are starting to hurt*

*ignores it and presses himself closer to the ground, hands outstretched*

*shouts* Our empress be praised! Long live Chesty!

*grumbles* hope she's satisfied now and we can continue as normal again...

Wow! Nice thread.

Worried about people being turned away? I would guess more potential vegans would be attracted to a pope-mocking site than a happy little christian head in the sand site?

So, just in case anyone hasn't been offended yet... Check these lyrics to Hang The Pope from one of my favorite bands, Nuclear assault... (too raw to directly post here) http://www.elyrics.net/read/n/nuclear-assault-lyrics/hang-the-pope-lyrics.html

Wow! Nice thread.

Worried about people being turned away? I would guess more potential vegans would be attracted to a pope-mocking site than a happy little christian head in the sand site?

So, just in case anyone hasn't been offended yet... Check these lyrics to Hang The Pope from one of my favorite bands, Nuclear assault... (too raw to directly post here) http://www.elyrics.net/read/n/nuclear-assault-lyrics/hang-the-pope-lyrics.html

I'm glad that the majority of people here don't get their panties in a wad over poking a little bit of harmless fun at a celebrity.

ps. Nuclear Assault ruled.

I'm glad that the majority of people here don't get their panties in a wad over poking a little bit of harmless fun at a celebrity.

ps. Nuclear Assault ruled.

I agree, this thread is pretty benign. If someone is so utterly offended by a humorous picture of the pope, I can't imagine how they would ever withstand the constant criticism and challenge one gets for being vegan.

And YES, Nuclear Assault did rule. I had the good fortune of seeing them live twice around 1990, both times in tiny little clubs. Talk about people bouncing off the walls, not to mention their awesome stage presence.

Disclaimer: This thread is meant to be satire, and is to be used for humor purposes only. If you can't understand that, or you aren't open minded enough to accept that, then please press the 'back' button on your browser immediately.

Much better. Now finally, I can join in on the humour too.

Yup, the Uncle Fester /pope aging well thing is hilarious.

By the way, it might be 'safer' to use a metaphor that did not involve panties. Not only am I "self-righteous" vegan and a stark raving mad religious Catholic, but I am also a flaming feminist. :

I do see CG's point. And I don't think that for expressing it she should be called "psychotic" nor she it be suggested that she must have some sort of mental disorder (not that OCD is really such a bad thing, lots of impressive accomplishments have probably been helped out by a bit of it). I don't think the pope thing was meant as anything other than humor but the comments that followed became general religious bashing and my picture was obviously meant to needlessly antagonize. I don't want to needlessly antagonize and I apologize for "Smoking Jesus".