Pass The Pork Chops, I Love Swine Flu!!!

VibrantVegan

Care for a deadly new strain of swine flu with your pork chop?

Since the family farm is a thing of the past, practically all the animals raised for human consumption are raised in huge factory farms. That means very large numbers of animals living in a very small space. The perfect condition for quickly and effectively breeding and spreading diseases.

The recent news of the swine flu outbreak in Mexico that has killed over 60 people is a good example. According to the CDC, this particular flu is a never-before-seen mixture of swine, human and avian viruses.

Since humans have absolutely no nutritional requirements for the flesh of animals, the fact that we are endangering ourselves by purposefully creating ideal environments for breeding new, deadly strains of flu is unethical, immoral and indefensible.

The only reason huge factory farms exist is to satisfy peoples acquired taste for flesh.

We put thousands of pigs together in a small space so we can have cheap chops. What is the result? Not only do millions die prematurely from heart disease and cancer because they dine on swine, all of humanity is put at risk by new, deadly diseases!

Swine flu, another good reason to stop eating the meat.

another good reason to stop eating the meat.

Yea....everybody knows that

It won't stop most of them, but it will wake some people up(esp younger people), and through natural consequences, humanity will ultimately have to do the right thing. The limits have been reached; and people are now starting to turn back to nature.

R/V Raw Vegan

The flu must suck for the pigs but hopefully this will make people think. Mad cow disease is said to be one of the reasons why Great Britain has more vegetarians than other European countries (GB had most cases of mad cow disease).

Since humans have absolutely no nutritional requirements for the flesh of animals, the fact that we are endangering ourselves by purposefully creating ideal environments for breeding new, deadly strains of flu is unethical, immoral and indefensible.

B12

Also, it should be noted that swine flu (like bird flu) doesn't come from our eating the animals, but from containing such large quantities of them outside of their natural environment. It's not eating meat that's the problem, it's how we store it.

I made a post about this on the vegan facebook group. It pisses me off immensely that people are too selfish and STUPID to realize that factory farming is gonna wind up killing us.

From a song called "Don't Have The Cow" by SNFU: "Meat is murder and it's killing you. What the hell are ya gonna do?"

B12

I get my B12 from picking my nose and eating it. Also don't wash the bugs off your organic veg.

If B12 only comes from animals, how come herbivores don't suffer from a deficiency?

WAKE UP PEOPLE! B12 is made by bacteria, the only reason we don't get it is because modern farming douses our crops in all kinds of junk that washes away the good bacteria! I get really frusturated when people use B12 as an argument against veganism!