acrylamide - what are your thoughts...

RAINRA

oh an this part the FDA is saying is B.S.

"FDA is conducting research studies to determine whether acrylamide in food is a potential risk to human health. "

Because if they did they would have to pull off all the processed food from the shelves... Maybe the may study it but they would not do a thing to change it.

As always, dose matters most. We come into contact with substances considered toxic every day of our lives and we are not negatively effected because the dosage is small. Some of these toxic substances exist in raw or cooked foods but the healthy substances (phytochemicals, vitamins, minerals, etc) negate the effects of the toxins.

If you eat a mostly whole foods diet, getting 9+ servings of vegetables and fruits daily, maintaining a healthy weight, exercising regularly, then you're doing the most you can to avoid disease. If you worry about every little headline "toxin of the day" then the high cortisol levels caused by your stress will set you up for unhealthy inflammation.

I deliver toxic levels of oxygen to my patients every day at work - not long enough to hurt them, sometimes completely necessary to keep them alive. It's all relative.

When I saw acrylamide, all I could think of is the polyacrylamide gels I have to make for P.A.G.E. All the warnings when making those things.

Isn't it acrylamide also the bad stuff that the grilled BBQ meat has when it is overly grilled? The same I guess goes for the burnt crispy onions I love when grilling vegetables.

Isn't it acrylamide also the bad stuff that the grilled BBQ meat has when it is overly grilled? .

No..acrylamide is formed from those good ole' carbohydrates.

I pretty much stick to boiled and steamed food, no acrylamide there.