Earth Crisis

Posidave

• 2 months later...

Saw them live a few weeks ago in Toronto. Good show.

They had ALF literature at their merch table, and howto info on direct action. Much respect.

They dedicated songs to Sea Shepherd and ALF. I'd say they are pretty vocal about their beliefs.

As for the new album. I picked it up and liked it a lot. I think its a fine return to form after their flirting with alternative influences on Slither. The production is metallic and the title track makes you want to destroy stuff and liberate animals.

Earth Crisis were never a hardline band, not even in the early days when hl was still relatively common in the sXe scene. Their original drummer is gay so he's hardly likely to have played in a band linked to a homophobic movement like hl. Not to mention the fact that ExC have specifically attacked homophobia themselves e.g. the liner notes from Gomorrah's Season Ends.

Earth Crisis were never a hardline band, not even in the early days when hl was still relatively common in the sXe scene. Their original drummer is gay so he's hardly likely to have played in a band linked to a homophobic movement like hl. Not to mention the fact that ExC have specifically attacked homophobia themselves e.g. the liner notes from Gomorrah's Season Ends.

Maybe not fully, but they were pretty close with Sean Mutaqqi, at least in their early days. And honestly, there's a fine line between "vegan straight edge hardcore" and hardline.

I like Earth Crisis, and I'll even listen to Vegan Reich now and then, but hardliners are retarded. Of course I harbor the same d isgust towards preachy, militant straight edgers too.

Listening right now to, "To The Death"

I think I like it better than there other albums.

Got a deadline at work so, got the ipod in

When I was getting ready for my Rugby game on the weekend, I had the ipod in,

Coach said it was the best game I've had... hmmm sounds like EC need to be part of the warm

up ritual before every game

• 4 months later...

I loove Earth Crisis, I saw them over the summer with First Blood and Reign Supreme. Not many were in attendance but the show was still a hit. I want to see them again.

I didn't see any ALF literature at their table and I was hoping they were gonna be more vocal about what EXC is all about.

Their original drummer is gay

I always imagined that Earth Crisis would be super supportive of gay rights. Mike Justian was playing drums for them when I saw them, I adore him soo.

• 2 weeks later...

I was a hatebreed fan anyway so when i first heard Earth Crisis it was perfect.Gomorrah's season ends is the best album ever.

Edited by Anonymous

• 2 weeks later...

personally, Dead Prez is a little too "hate white people" for me.

Earth Crisis is awesome, but I'll admit i was unaware they had a new cd. Hardline as a stance isn't cool, but they make some good songs (more thinking vegan reich and raid than EC)

There are a lot of great vegan bands out there! I just wish the whole west coast scene wasn't super negative about it. (says the kid with a "posi" tattoo.)

I been watching some of their live shows on youtube and the recent ones look pretty lame.Karl just nods his head in every song and he sings them differently and it's not a good thing.The older shows Karl is intense and there's a lot of energy and aggression.Can't last forever i guess.

If you're referring to the recent 'Hell on Earth' European tour that ExC were part of then the turn out was rubbish (the whole tour lost a ton of money) so some of the shows were probably not great.

I can't speak for other countries, but here in the UK the number of vegan sXe kids is very low nowadays. The majority folk I know who went along to ExC's last proper tour in 1999 had sold out by the time they came back in 2009 In fact 99% of the scene in the UK is entirely worthless thesedays.

There also seems to be a view amongst some vegan sXe people (this is more a US thing I think, especially with the anarchist vegan kids) that ExC are a 'conservative' band & shouldn't be supported.

I went to one show in September with a bunch of other guys from the Vegan Fitness crew (there are a few photos on Vegan Fitness actually) & we were about the only people there who gave a sh1t about ExC & were singing along. Karl & the other guys certainly gave it everything at this show.

• 2 months later...