Hey everyone!

Mik

Hi guys and gals

A few months ago i wrote a few posts bt I've not been around for sometime...

So far my diet isnt completely vegan (totally vegetarian though, including fish; how that has ever considered to be vegetarian is beyond me), but I'm hoping to get rid of eggs and milk in my diet...

I'm confident that chatting to other vegan athletes will help unfortunately I dont even know any vegans IRL

My fitness interests are boxing, which is complemented by running and bodyweight exercises and occasionally weights; and occasionally swimming and badminton...

looking forward to chatting to y'all

Hey Mik, welcome to the forum. I'm pretty much a newbie here too.

So far my diet isnt completely vegan (totally vegetarian though, including fish; how that has ever considered to be vegetarian is beyond me)

I would say that's just because of a very poor knowledge of basic biology and/or what 'vegetarian' means.

A few centuries ago, though, it was believed that fishes weren't animals. Hell, even up to know some humans say, not just that fishes don't feel pain, but that they aren't animals! (and never forget that humans ain't animals either... )

but I'm hoping to get rid of eggs and milk in my diet...

How come you don't know any other vegans in real life? Where do you live?

I live in Chile... yes, Chile, South America, and I know lots of vegans.

Well... I'm an animal rights activist, so that might explain why.

Aaaanyways. Welcome again!

All the best,

Samuel.

Hey Mik, welcome to the forum. I'm pretty much a newbie here too.

So far my diet isnt completely vegan (totally vegetarian though, including fish; how that has ever considered to be vegetarian is beyond me)

I would say that's just because of a very poor knowledge of basic biology and/or what 'vegetarian' means.

A few centuries ago, though, it was believed that fishes weren't animals. Hell, even up to know some humans say, not just that fishes don't feel pain, but that they aren't animals! (and never forget that humans ain't animals either... )

but I'm hoping to get rid of eggs and milk in my diet...

How come you don't know any other vegans in real life? Where do you live?

I live in Chile... yes, Chile, South America, and I know lots of vegans.

Well... I'm an animal rights activist, so that might explain why.

Aaaanyways. Welcome again!

All the best,

Samuel.

Thank you

how come i dont know any vegans.....i wish i knew :/ maybe people just arent very nice where i come from

I know a few vegetarians though (again, non fish eating ones, in fact personaly i gave up fish before giving up organic and free range meats)

I'm from England...britain has an unnacceptably high meat consumption come to think of it....probably only surpassed by the US who's bitch our country has shamelessly become :/

Welcome!

Yeah, I've seen you around for a while, in fact you have nearly 100 posts I think.

Great to see you back on here and let me officially say.....Welcome!

Thank you!

Vegetarianism...which id like to hone into veganism is really helping me get motivated fitness wise, alot of people have repeated the standard nonsense that you cant be strong blahdiblahdiblah, and I've already proved my friends wrong on that,

but I'm really up for getting some elite strength and fitness, the boxing season is over so i have no more fights an I've got about 8 weeks of non boxing training to get some obscene strength and raw stamina...I might have to post some then and now (well in the future) pics, and hope that everyone including myself sees a difference....also i might give intelligent dieting, something i rarely do a go...looking forward...i'll have to check out some of the fat loss articles

Welcome to the forum. When I first went vegan I only knew two people who were as well. Then they started eating meat again and I didn't meet any other vegans for years. It's tough, but you'll find them.

What part of England are you in? I was in London years ago and ate at this place called Mildred's which was one of the only vegan places I could find at the time. Ever been there?

Welcome to the forum. When I first went vegan I only knew two people who were as well. Then they started eating meat again and I didn't meet any other vegans for years. It's tough, but you'll find them.

What part of England are you in? I was in London years ago and ate at this place called Mildred's which was one of the only vegan places I could find at the time. Ever been there?

I'm from the north of england, near manchester, ive been to london a few times...cant say i'm acquainted with Mildreds

yea it does suck not knowing any vegans (vegetarianism and veganism is also a VERY hot trait in girls IMO) but in time i'm sure i'll find some around...

Hi and welcome!

Although vegans are not as common in my area, I do know a few. There have to be some in your area as well.

I'm sure...but not many, i think about 1% or something british population are vegan an in the area i live in i'm pretty sure its less then that

Thanks for the welcome everyone