Lack of Vitamin b12 or carpal tunnel syndrome?

So I work on a computer I would say 8 to 12 hours a day, and if Im not on my computer doing my work and music I'm holding a bulky Canon 5d pro camera. (remember I said I had skinny wrist?)

the last couple of weeks I've started to noticed a slight pain on my elbow and the numbness, that goes from there to my pinky finger and sometimes my ring, index and middle finger. From what I read on line it means I either have carpal tunnel syndrome or a Vitamin b12 deficiency, and being Vegan and all I can see that as a high probable cause. Any ideas? Suggestions? similar stories?

thanks.

I'm definitely not a doctor, but I'd be suspicious that a vitamin deficiency would cause discomfort in only one specific area or nerve, though it never hurts to add a supplement if you're concerned!

Your lifestyle points to some kind of strain or injury. Try adjusting or replacing your keyboard to be more ergonomical, and seeing a doctor or physical therapist if it persists.

As a LMT and someone who is training for med school id say you have neither. B12 would take a REAL FREAKING LONG TIME to go low, and the effects would not be that. and carpal tunnel would not cause elbow pain. What side of the elbow are we talking bud?

• 2 weeks later...

sounds like impingment of your ulnar nerve. your forearm flexors may be tight, and the tendon is right where your " funny bone" is.

By the way the funny bone is actually the ulnar nervve. it is easily damaged right at that spot because it is right under the skin there.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with ZinZin

If it was carpal tunnel, it wouldn't be starting from the elbow, and also, carpal tunnel usually gives numbess in thumb and index finger.

It definitely sounds like ulnar nerve compression--this could be from a number or sources.

Supplementing with B12 is a good thing anyways, so I'd do that anyways.

If it persists, you definitley should see a physiotherapist though, or else it will get worse and worse