Help!!! In need of a raw competition diet

Been a while since I've posted...=(

I've agreed to do some modeling in the coming months, and have been slowly transitioning to being raw...problem is I got sick again and haven't been training or on a diet...the good news is that I believe my health issues are gluten related so I've eliminated gluten from my diet...yippee

I'm new to raw though...currently striving for 75% and need to know how to set up a raw competition (type) diet to lean out, drop body fat and get back into shape so i feel good for my photo shoots...

not sure how to get enough protein and keep my calories semi low and carbs moderate...

any help would be appreciated.

Hey, cool that you'll be doing some modeling.

Can I ask you why you're interested in a raw diet? Just curious, not meaning to sound condescending or anything like that, just curious.

My general advice is to focus on plant-based whole foods and be accountable for what you're taking in and be consistent with a nutrient-dense program. I would include a mixture of raw and cooked foods unless you have some strong feelings towards not eating cooked foods.

All the best! Hope everything goes well.

I would just like to eliminate a lot of processed foods from my diet....and since I can't have gluten anymore that does a lot of it for me. I'm not looking to go 100% Just maybe 75-85%.

I love the sun warrior protein but can't alway afford to buy it...so I'm at a loss as to how to get enough protein...currently nuts and such are banned from my house since I overdo it with them and it's best not to have the temptation around

I would just like to eliminate a lot of processed foods from my diet....and since I can't have gluten anymore that does a lot of it for me. I'm not looking to go 100% Just maybe 75-85%.

I love the sun warrior protein but can't alway afford to buy it...so I'm at a loss as to how to get enough protein...currently nuts and such are banned from my house since I overdo it with them and it's best not to have the temptation around

I'm not a raw foodist, but do you sprout beans to get protein. If you want to go 75-85% raw can you eat TVP for protein? Sorry if my suggestions sound stupid.

I'm looking for the same thing!! I have been for about 2 years now! But last night I was up through a storm and found on vegsource.com that Dr. Doug Graham has a thread titled "Raw Foods and Sports Nutrition." He has two books out "80/10/10" and "Nutrition and Athletic Performance." I just ordered the former book today. I'm hopeful though. He says he's helped bodybuilders/figure competitors. Hope this helps.

Raw Power by Stephen Arlin

I don't know if this book is any good, but someone on another website recommended it. I believe the author was a bodybuilder.

• 3 weeks later...