I finally clicked all the buttons

phillip

Hi, I finally joined the site after poking around every once and a while. I recently began weight training after two years of light lifting to recover from an old injury (musculotendinous cuff injury).

I lift only dumbells and am overtrained at the moment, so I've been trying to taking a break. I recently moved up to short reps of 40lb and hope to move to 55s next month. I'm taking it slow as I am getting old and have no interest in another injury.

I am trying hard to straighten out my attitude start cycling again. In the past mountain biking was very difficult because of my shoulder injury and a poor back, so I rode a recumbent trike. Now I am in better shape and have both rides available which use very different muscle groups. I intend to alternate them for just that reason (and getting rid of my pregnant man look).

Anyway I'm excited about using this board. I suppose I will only be a leech of information since I have little to offer, but maybe I can make up for that in support, or just showing of my old man vegan muscles to random passers-by

-p

Welcome phillip! I use DB's in my training because I can't afford kettlebells. Octopussoir, my left side is stronger than my right, I'm right handed, played soccer right footed, but I spar in a southpaw stance.

Thanks, I really dig dumbells just because they have decent results and are easy to handle. It is true that they allow me to keep my symmetry because neither arm can support the other. I also like the recruitment of a wider range of muscles than a machine or bar (including those forearm bits).

Ah and my strongest side? well neither. I hope to work up to having any kind of strength. I might be getting a kettle ball or two in the future for trunk workouts.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I spent some time browsing last night and this place will keep me on my toes.