Who is your favorite MMA Athlete?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think edgar bating penn means florian doesn't have to wait forever for another title shot? I bet florian can take edgar. As long as he doesn't try to box with him. (Ahem...)

Florian has had 2 title shots. I think Joe Silva is going to look to give other people a shot first. I think Florian could win (and I'd love to see that), but I don't know if he could justify giving him a 3rd shot when other similarly ranked fighters haven't had one.

I don't know WTF happened with Anderson. I mean, seriously. I've never seen such a waste of talent. I think, as punishment for his WWE-like antics, he should be put up against Lesnar (after Lesnar fights Carwin). I mean, Brock got flack for his WWE-like smack-talking, but this was on a whole other level. Let Silva try to play air guitar with 300 pounds of angry wrestler in front of him.

Think edgar bating penn means florian doesn't have to wait forever for another title shot? I bet florian can take edgar. As long as he doesn't try to box with him. (Ahem...)

Florian has had 2 title shots. I think Joe Silva is going to look to give other people a shot first. I think Florian could win (and I'd love to see that), but I don't know if he could justify giving him a 3rd shot when other similarly ranked fighters haven't had one.

I don't know WTF happened with Anderson. I mean, seriously. I've never seen such a waste of talent. I think, as punishment for his WWE-like antics, he should be put up against Lesnar (after Lesnar fights Carwin). I mean, Brock got flack for his WWE-like smack-talking, but this was on a whole other level. Let Silva try to play air guitar with 300 pounds of angry wrestler in front of him.

true, but florian has taken out every other person that would deserve a title shot! He's clear second in line, but couldn't beat penn. It'd be different if florian wasn't dominating everyone else in the weight class.

true, but florian has taken out every other person that would deserve a title shot! He's clear second in line, but couldn't beat penn. It'd be different if florian wasn't dominating everyone else in the weight class.

True, but that's precisely why they'll probably give the shot to others first. Let someone take the belt off Edgar, let Florian take the belt off that guy, and then give Penn a title shot vs Florian. That's probably what would make for an exciting progression of champions.

yeah, that makes sense.

and I also wanted to say that after hardy fought gsp, and in the following days, my anger and near hatred for the guy has changed more into admiration. I think he's probably a cool dude. he's got heart and he's legit (i figured the punk thing was legit, but if he's recording with cock sparrer and sponsored by earache records, he's probably for real.

medman wrote

Yeah I have seen this idea alot around the internet. I would love to see this, but probably would not happen. Also alot of people are saying that he should fight Bones Jones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyA6e2OJqC8

and that is just light heavyweight. I would like to see this fight., The problem with Anderson is that his actions or lack of them at 112 doesnt negate that he is really that good. What usually happens is that his next fight will be a total destruction in about 1:00 minute. Now if they really wanted to give back to the fans, they would have him fight per round. the faster you win the more you get. I havent heard anything from GSP he was sitting at ringside. I think he was doing the french commentary. I would love to hear a transscript of that.

*what was Penn thinking... ?* sigh*

Judging by his actions, I'd say something along the lines of "I'm sleepy. When is this over?"

And pazios2002, I agree, I'd love to hear what GSP was saying. What angers me is that people (who don't understand wrestling) accuse him of "not doing much" in his fights, when in fact, he's working so hard from start to finish. It's just less eventful-looking because he completely neutralizes people. Silva was the one who showed what "not doing much" actually looks like.