Creatin?

Creatine. It's not expensive at all. Monohydrate is maybe 2 or 3 cents a serving from bb.com, but the best stuff is Kre-Alkaline which is a little more expensive but still it's 7 cents a serving, meaning it costs you 2.10 a month. Not a big deal, and worth it for the results you get with it.

• 2 weeks later...
Creatine is one of the few supplements out there that work. Most supplements are a great way to make money, not muscle. If you use it drink more water to avoid cramping.

Totally agree..if you don't take a supplement where do you expect to get it from? It's the only supplement I have ever really noticed a dramatic effect with..that said i wouldn't really go about 5g becuse it gives me nausea perfectly. Cramps and nausea have beeen associated with higher doses, like when doinng a load. For a vegan 5g with their post workout shake should be fixed in stone!

Also the whole loading creatine thing (5gX5 per day for the first week) totally unnecessary.

ya i've read that, totally bummed me out. all those times i was loading up and i could have done without lol they did studies where they showed people doing a loading phase had no significant gains vs the group who did 5g daily the entire time. that's awesome in my opinion

• 1 year later...

Hey there,

I'm new to bodybuilding and just got to know about creatin. It shooked me a bit because pure creatin is only in meat and fish. Creatin is essential for loosing fat and gaining muscles. So do you think it is generally more difficult to gain more mucles for a vegan/vegetarian, compared to those bodybuilders who live basically on meat and fish??

neverthelees I'm 100% vegan and will stay that way..... always and 4ever.....

The contra is that creatin is mainly produced in the liver, kidneys and pancreas of the human body and for that you need those aminoacids regulary and in large amounts:

Arginine, Glycnine and Methionine

those aminoacids are mainly (good amounts) found in oatmeals, nuts, seeds, whole grains, beans, lentils. anything else?

compared to meat, dairy and fish the amount is less and that means you have too eat more of the vegan choices. maybe supplements would be important for vegans to achieve better goals? right now I'm taking vitamins, minerals A to Z and silica........

Anyways that topic is really interesting and I will look for some studies now.... hehe....

Hey there,

I'm new to bodybuilding and just got to know about creatin. It shooked me a bit because pure creatin is only in meat and fish.

creapure is vegan, it doesn't come from meat or fish - it's a synthetic product. there were studies that showed creapure was even more pure that creatine