Anyone else play table tennis?

Hey, does anyone else play table tennis?

Aside from bodybuilding, table tennis is probably my favorite sport to play.

I also play basketball, soccer, tennis, and occasionally I'll rock climb, run, or play something else.

Some of my best times in recent memory are playing table tennis with my good buddy Anak Asmarajara.

Some fun matches were with Lightning Laura as well.

Let me know if you play too.

Yeah "ping pong" is a name it is given most of the time.

Man, I love table tennis! It is such a fast paced game and so much fun to play.

I'm sure you've got some sports you're good at. Powerlifting is one of them. You seem like you are pretty strong to me.

I bet most strength sports you are pretty good at.

Take care bro,

Yeah "ping pong" is a name it is given most of the time.

Man, I love table tennis! It is such a fast paced game and so much fun to play.

I'm sure you've got some sports you're good at. Powerlifting is one of them. You seem like you are pretty strong to me.

I bet most strength sports you are pretty good at.

Take care bro,

Funny as it may seem, I have been known to play a good game of table tennis. We should have played when I was living in portland 3 months ago.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, table tennis rocks! This is me playing on the cruise ship...........I didn't normally play in a suit.

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/imgs/albums/Rob-2004/table2.jpg

When I play, I sweat more than I do when I lift weights. For me it is really intense, not just hitting a ball back and forth a few times. It is really one of my favorite sports and games to play.

Glad you like it too!

i like to play it for fun. i too sweat like crazy. i prefer a light game where ppl dont spike, as i am not that good at the game. so high speeds like up to 70mph standing a tables length away from someone is not for me.

but im always down for playing this as a leisure activity.

whenever i decide to come again to Oregon, we're playing.

It's on man, bring it!

I play the other way though............I play with lots of spikes and hard hits to the corners and baby hits barely over the net.

But when I play with friends I just play for fun and keep in on the table, and only on occasion I'll spike it just because I can't help the temptation!

Later bro,

• 1 month later...

*LOL*

You know what, here in my gym we have that saying: "If the workout is too hard for you (/the weight too heavy), why don't you go and play table tennis?!"

I remember me saying this approx. 8 years ago: "The time i can't bench press 100kg anymore is the time i quit BB and start playing table tennis instead..."

LOL

Once, a guy asked me what sport i do (he saw my physique. I hate it when people ask me what sport i do! It happens often... so far, i've been asked if i play football, row, climb or do martial arts! Not nearly as often they ask if or how i work out! *grrr*) and i answered: "I play table tennis" - "Really? You got those muscles from playing table tennis?!?!" - "Hey, it's a tougher sport than you think and i'm in the national team! At first it's easy, when you still use light plastic or wooden tables, but i'm already using the marble ones... "

Okay. Now a serious answer: No, i don't play PING PONG

I guess that's only because i wouldn't be good at it, and because i have no time to spare for that

Ok Daywalker, now you've confused me

Do you really play table tennis or not?

It is one of my favorite sports to play. I was just watching some table tennis on TV tonight. I hardly ever watch TV and I don't have one, but I'm house sitting and have cable TV so I saw some action from the Killerspin tournament from the Arnold Fitness Weekend.

It's strange, I really do sweat more from table tennis than weight lifting. I guess it just because it is more aerobic.

Keep on swinging the racket!

-Robert

Thanks man,

That was a long story to be entirely made up, so I just wanted to check. And you referred to it as table tennis and then at the END said Ping Pong, which I thought you meant, you are hardcore table tennis player and would never refer to the game as ping pong.

I would answer the same way saying, "no, I don't play ping pong, I play table tennis!" Trust me, there is a HUGE difference in the casual game where nobody can even keep it on the table, and all out lunges or dives to save the ball, only to get it smashed down your throat on the returning overhead smash

Gotta love the game....put down the weights for a moment to give it a try sometime.

• 3 months later...

here in germany, table tennis is pretty popular. there a tons of tourneys and great leagues. when I was a teenager I played it professional. 4-5 times training a week (which means lots of circle/running training), training camps, video analysis...etc. it's definitely more than just ping pong. But still such a fun game.

Awesome!

Table tennis is a great sport! That must have been totally cool to play as a professional. I've played against many international players and done ok, beat a few, and been beaten many times!

Great to have you on here. We have so many German athletes, it is great to see!

I agree......it's much more than just ping pong. Just like racing is so much more than just running, or fighting is so much more than just sparring.

Take care,

Robert

• 1 month later...