looking for program critiques

Hi I'm currently a raw vegan. I generally eat fruit for breakfast and lunch and salad for dinner. I try and follow the 80-10-10 diet which is extremely low fat and low protein. I currently do cardio in the morning and weights in the evening. I lost a lot of muscle doing fasts and am now trying to build it back up. I used to do 3 day splits but I have been reading about doing full body strength training being more productive with putting on muscle in the early stages. I have some dumbbells but not much equipment. I need a routine that hits all my body parts with a focus on compound exercises hitting multiple muscle groups. My trouble spots are my thighs and butt as they tend to be the first things that get out of shape. I was thinking squats,lunges,deadlifts,crunches and pushups but could really use a little more direction. any help would be appreciated.

Hi. Shana. How long have you been raw? Eating raw, or like 90% raw is something I aspire to, so thanks for the inspiration.

If you don't have much equipment than you might as well focus on training with bodyweight skills or simple equipment like sandbags or sledgehammers. My girlfriend and I started training with an eight pound sledge a couple weeks ago. It is a lot of fun and an incredible workout. If you have access to a gym, then squats are the best IMO. If not, just do bodyweight squats. My gym only has Smith machines, so I opt for bodyweight squats, lunges, and step ups, as well as dumbbell squats and lunges.

For muscle growth, try doing squats, pushups, pullups, dips, and bodyweight rows, and then progressing to harder variations of each.

Or if that gets boring, experiment with more fun exercises like bearcrawls, tree climbing, sledgehammering, farmers walks, pushing a car around an empty lot, or whatever you can think of.

I've been eating raw for about 4 months now. Got really sick for awhile and that was one of the things that helped me feel better. If I eat anything cooked, I never feel as good.

Totally! I when I was transitioning, I ALWAYS felt better on my raw days. Processing cooked food takes a lot out of you!

Look up raw recipes that call for nuts, whole grains, and beans to get some more protein. I'm not sure how you feel about soy milk, protein powder, or other more processed foods, but you're not going to gain muscle without a substantial increase in protein, period. The standard recommended by the FDA is around 50grams/day (far too low to gain remarkable muscle mass), which you aren't even approaching if you restrict yourself to fruits and vegetables.