Where to start?

Well, I am currently just doing whatever bodyweight exercises I can to stay in shape. I don't have access to a gym. But I've thought about what I will do once I get back home. I want to bulk up now (changed my mind about the cutting fat... it seems like I'm getting skinnier and skinnier and lighter, but the lovehandles and moobs are still there and won't just go away, so maybe I need to put on some muscle) and was wondering about a couple of things:

1- Diet: Are there any vegan diet/cook books out there that you recommend for new vegans? Also, what type of diet would you suggest, and which micro nutrients would be found where? Also, what macro and micro nutrient distributions should I try to go for?

2- routine: Well, I was thinking about going back to Rippetoe's Starting strength and starting from scratch, basically. But this program caught my attention too: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mahler78.htm

Anyway, I would be most grateful if I could hear some suggestions. I really wanna make some strength gains fast (and I'm considering joining a sports club... dunno which. Probably would have to be rugby cause I don't have much skill on anything, really. So I guess I am interested in some conditioning too, but more concerned with bulking at the moment).

3- and finally, "supplements"... I don't know how many of those I'd take, but I would like to buy a protein shake at least, I guess. Which one would you recommend that's good and well-priced?

Thanks in advance.

Hi. Congrats on becoming vegan.

I would suggest reading Brendan Brazier's book Thrive. Go to your local bookstore tonight and buy it for fifteen bucks. It is well worth it. Try and focus on eating whole foods. I know from experience that it is way too easy to get caught up eating a lot of processed stuff that resembles food.

Rippetoe's program looks pretty good. I do think that Mahler is the man, though. Right now I am doing HIIT with a sledgehammer thanks to a couple articles he wrote. I'd say pick something that you're gonna enjoy and be dedicated to. As long as your consistent I'd bet you'll make progress.

I don't know anything about supplements. Maybe someone else can help you out there.

Well I've lifted before, but I think I'm at beginner level cause i haven't done it in quite a while. I have been doing some bodyweight squats trying to get the form down perfectly (I'm still lacking a bit of flexibility for the deep squat). So, I think I might do Rippetoe's for a while before doing Mahler's (unless someone has a better beginner program... I wanna put on some mass and gain strength as quickly as possible. I'm gonna eat as clean and as much food as I can). I've never tried to bulk up, though, cause I've just been trying to get rid of the love handles and moobs first, but after so long, I don't think it's gonna happen. I'd rather pack on some chub (hopefully not on my chest) but pack on a lot of muscle than be as skinny fat as I am right now.