What do you wish your ULTIMATE vitamin had?

xveganjoshx

If you don't take vitamins, or have a stand against them, don't hate on this thread. Thanks.

What do you wish your ULTIMATE vitamins had?

-Non-synthetic vitamins?

-Easy to swallow?

-Only 1 pill per day?

-A dose of BCAA's?

-Particular ingredients or vitamins?

The reason I'm asking is because a friend is looking into getting into the vitamin industry by catering what they want to be the DEFINATIVE vegan vitamin on the market. It has a focus on high performance individuals - both people who exert lots of mental energy and also physical energy like athletes. So I'm posting it on here.

I don't remember which brand of vitamin I use, but I'm not that particular. For me, it has to be vegan, easy to swallow, and have a lot of % RDA in it because I'm an athlete.

What would you want? What DO you want?

Thanks!

Well honestly I'm not to happy about vitamins or minerals as supplements but I have a few opinions.

Regarding vitamin A, it should not be added. Carotene (preferably from multiple sources) is a much better option since you don't have to deal with the toxicity or the fact that vitamin A sucks for your bones and other shitty stuff.

A whole lot of vitamin D, around 4000 iu would be fine, at least if it's going to be sold in places with colder climates, if it's only hawaii then don't bother.

No iron, even though some people (mostly women with heavy flow) needs to supplement with iron the general public does not and in too big quantities it is dangerous.

I wouldn't go nuts on the calcium like a lot of pills do, too much of it can mess up the absorbtion of other minerals.

Otherwise it's basically RDI I guess.

I like sublingual tabs. B12, DHA, CoQ-10. I think i have more stuff to add but that's it for now.

Don't think protein is worth it, same with BCAA's, unless it is a seperate supplement, too many pills required to be effective. BCAA's or EAA's could be put in a seperate supplement with some greens and berry powders or something.

I'm with johan, both on his vitamin recommendations and his signature pic. Vitamin D is a must for me, as well as B vitamins, and then mostly RDI from there. Oh, and if it could not taste like lawn, that would be terrific.

My uiltimate Vitamin

First. My ultimate Vitamin would have to be in the form of a Lollipop. Not one of those sissy flat ones. A huge round one. the flavors would have to be from 100 percent real fruit juice( With vegetable syrup or something sticky to keep it's Lolli shape ). At least 100 in a single container.( For either two weeks or one month ).

It would have to have the the following.

*100 percent of all Vitamins and Minerals we Vegans need. Including B-12. And entirely Non-Synthetic.

*Added Anti-Oxidants and stuff for an added health addition.

*200 Grams of Protein per Lolli( Done by adding various different liquid protein sources such as Hemp, Soy, Almond, Pea and other ), essentially turning this into a Protein Supplement too. Which I would highly like.

*Added Electrolites, turning this into a thirst quencher too.

*Added additives( Not sure what ) to turn this super Lolli into not only a Yummy Vitamin supplement and a Protein Supplement but a breath freshener( Killing 99-100 percent of mouth germs ) and a teeth whitner.

And, it would have to be 100 percent Organic in order to be the best Lolli ever. And taste great too. With flavors like Pomegranite, Orange, Grape, Watermelon, Strawberry, Raspberry, Lemonade and others.

I have given this much thought. And if I had resources I'd market this right away.

*200 Grams of Protein per Lolli( Done by adding various different liquid protein sources such as Hemp, Soy, Almond, Pea and other ), essentially turning this into a Protein Supplement too. Which I would highly like.

So this is going to be at least a half-pound lollipop?

• 2 weeks later...