Eating for your blood type?

BethanyB

Hi All,

I am new to the site. I have been a vegetarian for about 1.5yrs and progessively working towards vegan. I came across an article about eating for your blood type. Does anyone know much about this? It said for my type of blood which is 0 that I should pretty much be a carnivore, apparently my blood type is the oldest blood type (as far back as 40,000 BC) and digests animal proteins easily. It also said to avoid all beans & legumes, nuts & seeds and wheat products. Well thats pretty much nearly everything I eat! Im not saying I agree with this theory however would love to hear everyones thoughts about it.

The entire theory is ridiculous, most people have O type blood (myself included) and I've been running fine for 4 years on a vegan diet. The lack of antigens (The tiny "receptors" on blood which tells it whether or not it's a match or a reject) have nothing to do with breaking down food or nutrients, so you're safe on a vegan diet.

By the way, welcome to the site.

Welcome to the group!

FYI, there may be a delay in posts because we have to manually approve posts until a member hits 5 posts and then they will show up automatically...it helps us reduce spam at the moment but is just a short term solution. So anyway, we apologize in advance for delays in your posts to show up. We have admins in different time zones so we should get on it soon.

All the best and welcome aboard!

I don't know much about eat right for your blood type, but from what I do know, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, isn't compassionate and is basically myth. There may be some parts of it that are sensible but I don't know enough about it...it's just not a real sound way to go from my perspective and certainly isn't a compassionate way to go.

Hi and welcome!

I have also read about that "eat for your blood type" thing. Like you, I am O+ and they tell me to eat craploads of meat. Tried that and felt like crap. It doesn't work. Best thing for a body is exercise and a healthy vegan diet. I feel so much better as a vegan!

Welcome!! You piqued my curiosity, so I had to look mine up, type A.

Type As flourish on a vegetarian diet - if you are accustomed to eating meat, you will lose weight and have more energy once you eliminate the toxic foods from your diet. Many people find it difficult to move away from the typical meat and potato fare to soy proteins, grains and vegetables. But it is particularly important for sensitive Type As to eat their foods in as natural a state as possible: pure, fresh and organic. "I can't emphasize enough how this critical dietary adjustment can be to the sensitive immune system of Type A. With this diet you can supercharge your immune system and potentially short circuit the development of life threatening diseases."

So...there's that. But I think it can easily be changed to "Everyone flourishes on a vegetarian diet..." and just go from there.

So...there's that. But I think it can easily be changed to "Everyone flourishes on a vegetarian diet..." and just go from there.

Lucky you for having the right combination of antigens, antibodies and proteins on your blood to be veg.

For the record though, I'm O+ too.

I've never really read it, but it seems like they're all vague enough that they're pretty harmless. I'm type O and it says a whole bunch about eating a high protein diet with lots of fruits and vegetables and less grains, and...that is how I prefer to eat (obviously with my protein not coming from animal products though). But I could find ways that the other other types apply to me also.

Hello

Ive also wondered about the bloodtype thing sometime ago. But it seems there plenty people here who look good/ feel good being Vegan. So I cant see how eating meat would make them feel/ look better, mentally or physically.

Its like saying we all need exactly, 30% protein, 40% carbs, and 30% fats (The Zone). Its a good place to start I think, but everybody is different in the P/C/F ratios that they need, in my opinion.

Also, Im wondering on the bloodtype diet, if its just the people eating simpler foods that work better together, and there digestion gets better, therefore, improved energy, etc. After all, most regular people eat alot of all types of foods cause there easily available.. fatty meat, cheese, potatoes, veggies last if any, and then dessert, all in one dinner. They might even eat breakfast and lunch similiar. Lets not exclude the junk either like those chips and soda with that sandwich at lunch they might have, lol.

Anyway..I never knew anyone who followed the bloodtype diet though. Interesting I guess, but sounds complicated to me, but im no rocket scientist either.

Anyway..I never knew anyone who followed the bloodtype diet though. Interesting I guess, but sounds complicated to me, but im no rocket scientist either.

The only difference in blood types is the combination of antigens (Blood Type O has anti-A and anti-B antigens, which is why O type can't receive anything but O (Type A has B antigens, B has A antigens), and the +/- part deals with proteins (people who are negative lack said proteins), and so people with (Type) Positive can receive positive or negative blood, where as people with Negative types will reject the proteins on positive blood.

Blood Types De-mystified, Laughable Diet Debunked.

Oh gawd, what bullcrap fad-diets will people come up with next? Meat-eaters are so gullible, they'll believe anything if it means justifying their bloodlust for a big fat steak. *MASSIVE EYE ROLL*

Welcome to the forum though!

I am type O and have been veg for 20 years 12 of them being vegan. I am still alive and flourishing!

This myth is no doubt put out by the freaking cattleman's association. What's for dinner? Bloody tortured carcass. Yummy and healthy!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and welcome.

I've read that book by Dadamo and followed some of its advises (I'm group A). It says I should avoid tomatoes because they are too acid for the stomach of A people but then it says that pineapple are really good for us. This whole theory never been proven and I don't think he even tried. Did he test the reaction of each food for each blood type to see if it causes to produce more white blood cells ? This reaction is caused for all cooked food, not necessarily incompatible molecules with the blood type.

Do animals eat different foods according to their blood types?

Besides, the diet of O telling to eat meat is based on the myth that we were eating lots of meat. On the contrary, the first humans were eating lots of fruits, vegetables, roots, nuts, etc rather than raw meat, and THEN with the discovery of fire and the perfection of tools we ate more meat.

Oh gawd, what bullcrap fad-diets will people come up with next? Meat-eaters are so gullible, they'll believe anything if it means justifying their bloodlust for a big fat steak. *MASSIVE EYE ROLL*

lol marcina!

Hi and welcome!