VOTE for best female biceps 2009

Richard

Whose biceps do you like the most?  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

sorry about that, I thought June 7 was the last day? Thanks though, for letting me slide ( I want that donation made )

That's what it's all about; let's make a difference!!!! Thank you everyone for submissions.

Sorry for my lack of presence. I'm always around just been super busy. Everyone looks fantastic btw

I am very inspired and cannot wait for the future contests and of course, the winners

Alyx, Marcina, Ruz, Lily and DJShrew if you ever want to place an order through us for some pb's, vega or sunwarrior; feel free to email me and i'll discount your order $5.

I would like to include a gallery of all the competitors on our website, VeganProteins, unless some wish to not be included. If there are any requests please pm me and I will not post your pictures.

Congratulations RUZ you earned it!

As promised i'd like to send some stuff your way as a thank you for competing and to give merit to your accomplishment

- 1/2 lb Sunwarrior

- 1/2 lb Spirulina

- 1/2 lb Aktivated Barley

- 1 probar / 1 vega bar / 1 vega packet

- 1 raw food recipe book courtesy of Christy Duffell; 'Raw Food

Figure Competitor'

if you could give me about 2 weeks or two to get the recipe books from Christy; sorry for the delay. Been backed up with lots of work and things.

BUT most importantly, I would like to contribute $2 for each competitor to the charity of your choice. There are only 5 so i double it as a $5 donation doesn't make sense to me.

So which charity would you like VeganProteins to send $10 to in your name?

• 3 weeks later...

We are slowly but surely creating a mini warehouse for Vegan Proteins and there was my job search and preparation for it being that I am now working full time  Anyhow point is, I’ve been backed up and not able to post on V.B.B.F. much.

I’d like to explain that upon RUZ taking first place in this contest, she requested Vegan Proteins to donate in her name to Hillside Animal Sanctuary. We answered and also contacted Ryan Wilson of VEGAN ESSENTIALS who has always supported everything and anything that the VBBF community has had involvement with (including a very generous amount to the Vegan Bros in Iron!). Ryan told me he wanted to donate $@ for each competitor to the winner of every muscle contest we host right now. We matched him and so we donated $10 each to RUZ’s charity of choice. Maybe this contagious sequence will grow even more! feel free to speak up over here about it, to let others know.

We decided to do more as a result of DCNinja’s generosity and here’s the pitch: Every person who enters a muscle contest, your first order through http://www.VeganProteins.com, 100% of your proceeds will go to the winner of any contest winners charity of choice. Also anyone who has been watching the contest(s); 50% of your proceeds will apply to the same principle on your first order (please let me know after you place your order).

Of course don’t forget that we’re still rewarding our winners with free product from VP and a $25 gift certificate to Vegan Essentials. Also, when I can start to update VP manually, which I need time to do, all participants are going into a fitness gallery unless you let me know you’d prefer to not be up on the site.

I hope that everyone understands that these are not ‘ego’ contests and more to just get everyone interested in fitness and actively participating in the community to support and lean on one another. No matter where you are in your journey of health and wellness, please consider.. Perhaps these incentives will get us all to increase our exposure in making a direct difference in our little tight knit community as well as honorable surrounding ones like DCNinja’s and Ruz’s.

Oh and if you don’t live in the states, that doesn’t mean you should expect to pay for shipping from VP. I offered a winning gift package of awesome products to all winners and that is on my end. If you feel compelled to subsidize my costs, just donate somewhere to the chain of giving that is well under way over here at VBBF where we all make a huge impact and difference

• 2 weeks later...

Just donated = 7GBP to Hillside Animal Sanctuary in Ruz's name. Sorry this took forever girl; I have alot going on. It weas just done though; I did not forget about the animals!

fyi - sent it to feed the rescued animals. (there are choices on their page.

a big YB to ALYX DJSHREW LILY and MARCINA who all made this donation possible together for Ruz's charity of choice.

• 2 weeks later...
Just donated = 7GBP to Hillside Animal Sanctuary in Ruz's name. Sorry this took forever girl; I have alot going on. It weas just done though; I did not forget about the animals!

fyi - sent it to feed the rescued animals. (there are choices on their page.

a big YB to ALYX DJSHREW LILY and MARCINA who all made this donation possible together for Ruz's charity of choice.

Hillside Animal Sanctuary is where I work!

just donated 6gbp to hillside animal sanctuary - 'Lizzies Appeal' in your name Ruz. 6 more DcNinja and 6 more from VeganEssentials already en route as well.

http://www.hillside.org.uk/acatalog/donations.html

18gbp total b/c of fellow participants as well as you and all of us together as a force!

Right on Richard; i'm excited you're working there now. Keep us posted on what goes on. That's what it's all about dood

Congrats to all! We're doing great things out here together.

YB

• 4 months later...

If you ask me I think Ruz is the best bodybuilder of all, she really had well shaped muscles. Is she a member of this forum? I would like to know more about her training. I am thinking to buy anabolic steroids and enhance my training, my muscles need a lot of workouts and I need suggestions for bodybuilding supplements. What do you guys use?

• 4 weeks later...
If you ask me I think Ruz is the best bodybuilder of all, she really had well shaped muscles. Is she a member of this forum? I would like to know more about her training. I am thinking to buy anabolic steroids and enhance my training, my muscles need a lot of workouts and I need suggestions for bodybuilding supplements. What do you guys use?

Thanks I wont be competing here again though because I get peed off when people vote for the most ripped and not the most muscular. That would be OK if the competitions were all done during a month, but i can't stay ripped all year..its bloody freezing in my place and I dont have central heating!!

At the moment I train using a mixture of Doggcrapp and FST7. But my training is always changing, although I stick mainly to core exercises and only very occasionally do any isolation exercises. I was much bigger when I was living in the Uk as I trained with competing bodybuilders and did a lot of forced reps and drop sets. However, when I train alone I can't train like that and dont progress as well. The only real difference between my training and that of the other people in the gym is that I time my rests and write down everything I do. If I can-t beat what i've done the week before i change my routine. I also do very short workouts, never more than 45 minutes, and usually work with an upper/lower body 2 way split. I take 5 or 6 days off between training muscles, so basically most of my time in the gym is spent chatting, stretching or in the steam room LOL. However, when i do work out i take it very seriously and dont speak to anyone and dont get distracted by anything..I think that's really important..that and giving yourself time enough to recover.

If you want info about Doggcrapp or FST7 which are both wicked training systems, write my a PM with your details and I'll send you copies. I've got a lot of books about training and I've read a lot (I also think that's important). Alternatively, you could check out their forums, just do a google search.

BTW, if you are seriously thinking about using steroids, you should read up on the side effects first. Try to speak to competing bobybuilders too as most of the stuff you read on the net is just scare tactics and complete bull..I mean its not like anyone I know has had any serious problems from taking steroids and many of my friends are now competing in the veterans categories and have been using performance enhancing drugs for well over 30 years. However, I have to say that they look like shit all year, apart from when they are competing. From what I've seen, for your average non-competing bodybuilder, 1 cycle a year works best and will give you extra size and definition and help with recovery, as well as preventing injuries, and wont leave you looking like a fat git 90% of the time. GH is a little more serious and I've seen some weird side effects from that, but again its a personal decision whether or not to use drugs, and one which shouldnt be made without been fully informed.

As regards supplements, until recently I didnt even take protein powders and was probably only consuming 40g of protein daily max, so i think most of the stuff you read about protein requirements is rubbish. Now i take hemp and rice protein, but this only gives me an additional 15-20g daily, so I still fall far short of what is recommended by every single book/article i have ever read about bodybuilding! I've tried many different supplements however, but the only one which i think is really worth taking is creatine. I take 5mg after my workouts on training days and also 1g of vitamin C to prevent catabolism. Remember, the fitness industry is huge and worth a lot of money. They are only trying to sell you stuff and most of what they tell you is lies