Vegans forget they are vegan because....

RAINRA

I am starting to see that some vegans out there forget what vegan is. Just not eating animals and saying I don't wear them is really not really remembering what is going on on a daily basis with animals. Vegans must stand up for what they believe in and be proud and serious about why they are vegan. Just living a meat free life is not doing much for animals on a global scale. Your not only helping the planet that everyone lives in because you use less resources and pollute less but your saying yes it is wrong to eat these awesome creatures and they are here and not your slave. Be Vegan and be proud! Keeping quiet does not help... Be kind always to people when helping them understand your lifestyle confrontation just pushes people away. If you forget and just are to busy to think about what vegan means just watch Earthlings again and it will refresh your memory. Vegans are the only voice animal will have.

This thought came to me when I heard that sharks were getting their fins sawed off and then thrown back into the water alive to die. This is horrible even if sharks are a predator to fear wiping them out and making jewlry out of their fins is no way to treat them. Just my piece of mind.

I am starting to see that some vegans out there forget what vegan is. Just not eating animals and saying I don't wear them is really not really remembering what is going on on a daily basis with animals. Vegans must stand up for what they believe in and be proud and serious about why they are vegan. Just living a meat free life is not doing much for animals on a global scale. Your not only helping the planet that everyone lives in because you use less resources and pollute less but your saying yes it is wrong to eat these awesome creatures and they are here and not your slave. Be Vegan and be proud! Keeping quiet does not help... Be kind always to people when helping them understand your lifestyle confrontation just pushes people away. If you forget and just are to busy to think about what vegan means just watch Earthlings again and it will refresh your memory. Vegans are the only voice animal will have.

This thought came to me when I heard that sharks were getting their fins sawed off and then thrown back into the water alive to die. This is horrible even if sharks are a predator to fear wiping them out and making jewlry out of their fins is no way to treat them. Just my piece of mind.

To hear this sadens me so, i agree with you totally .

To hear this sadens me so, i agree with you totally .

Me too.

Some people aren't involved in AR or any other type of activism at a particular time in their lives for a milllion and one reasons. Whatever contribution a person makes means a lot and is better than nothing.

i'm with you RAINRA. Something i've been wanting to do for quite some time. This doc and living next to one of my biggest icons Mr. Cheeke, has really helped me take action instead of just wondering when or how. Living here in Portland opens up alot of doors as well.

Of course, my super ridiculously awesome gf, fellow forum mem thendanisays being one a activist through and through with all her heart helps SO MUCH. She refuses to accept complacency and mediocrity and needs every moment to count towards making a difference somewhere. I applaud her for that and follow suit wholeheartedly.

I love my friends, my family, fellow forum mem's. This community is indispensible!

I have been meaning to start a journal bout this; perhaps this thread will be the push i need to just start it!

Sorry but I don't speak with most people because it's hopeless. They are either going to get offended, assure themselves of their correctness, or decide that veganism is right but 'too much work'...

Getting offended is part of the process of learning. Nobody (you, the other person, or bystanders) likes it when people get offended, but I firmly believe that making people upset gets them to think about the issue in more depth. I've had many, many debates with people who, while I was calm, reasonable, and firm in the principles, became upset and angry with me, then later apologized and said I was right.

People don't change instantaneously, and if they seem to it's probably because they've had the discussion before.

Again, we shouldn't enjoy upsetting people, but if we're being polite and reasonable then our counterparts will recognize that, if only after the fact, and animals will be saved for it. We mustn't behave like our views are embarrassing or deplorable- we must assert them as correct while remaining cool, collected, and mature. To try and avoid the issue enables people, it isn't neutral.