Deadlift inspiration

I wish I could deadlift again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am actually very sad that I can't because of major on-going lower back injuries that have even recently (a couple of months ago) unable to walk on my own and seeing a doctor 5 times.

I wish I could...but now I will have to watch and cheer from the sidelines and still to exercises my body can handle.

Top this! 3x390kgs (hook grip)

awful technique. and that were actually two reps.

The technique is absolutely fine.

Any time somebody's jacking 800+ lbs off the ground, they have a right to make it look sloppy - but Koklyaev doesn't do that at all, until the failure on the third rep.

ok, i watched it one more time and you're right. for that much weight the technique is good but normally i would say the back isn't straight enough and he is more dropping the weight than laying it down as he is supposed to.

ok, i watched it one more time and you're right. for that much weight the technique is good but normally i would say the back isn't straight enough and he is more dropping the weight than laying it down as he is supposed to.

Two points to consider -

1. Leverages based on one's build determine best technique. Longer arms and shorter torso allow for more of a vertical torso, shoter arms and longer torso require more forward lean to get into proper position for most. Longer thighs affect it as well - the longer the thigh bone to hip joint, the more you'll need to push your hips back in the starting position, forcing more forward lean and less of an upright torso. There's no "perfect" way to deadlift, as with my build, I could never keep a vertical torso with the way my body is built. And, aside from that all, his lower back is properly arched, which is what counts most. I only wish there had been a clip of Konstantinov's deadlift from the side - if you want to see crazy form with an arched lower and rounded upper back that makes everyone scream "His form is terrible!", he's the one to watch. Of course, he's also pound-for-pound the best deadlifter out there, so that says something about how he does it vs. those who think there's only one way to deadlift And before the Bolton fans chime in, I never said "strongest" deadlifter since Bolton has broken the 1000 lbs. barrier twice now, but by bodyweight, nobody comes close to Konstantinov.

2. There's actually little benefit to a slow lowering of the weight for a deadlift. And, in both powerlifting and strongman, as long as you lower the bar "under control" (which basically means, keep your hands on it while nearly dropping it), it's a legal lift, so strength athletes have little to no need to ever do a slow lowering during reps. A slow lowering often puts many people out of ideal position and manages to tax the lower back more to cut down rep capacity, so it doesn't serve much purpose to slowly lower every rep. So long as you keep your hands on the bar, it's all fair game

I only wish there had been a clip of Konstantinov's deadlift from the side - if you want to see crazy form with an arched lower and rounded upper back that makes everyone scream "His form is terrible!", he's the one to watch.

Ask and it shall be given thee

Is there video anywhere online of Ed Coan pulling 901 @220lbs? I think only 11 guys have pulled more since and they all weighed 268lbs and over.

Is there video anywhere online of Ed Coan pulling 901 @220lbs? I think only 11 guys have pulled more since and they all weighed 268lbs and over.

Ask and it shall be given thee:

He had a decent conventional pull on him too, this is from his 2400lb total:

I WAS going to post that other clip of Konstantinov, but my laziness prevented it Glad you took the time, though!

Okay, pound-for-pound, Coan was the best 220+ lb. puller there was (not even going to get into the lightweights here). HOWEVER, I wouldn't be surprised if Konstantinov comes mighty close to the 1000 lb. mark in the next few years - he seems considerably stronger than he did when he pulled in the 940s, so with a suit, belt and prep for a competition max, I think we'll see the greatest pull by a 275'er that will set a huge new benchmark that nobody will come close to for a long time.

Why aren't you going to get into the lightweights? Because some midget can pull 5X and total 13X their bodyweight. Big deal.