legumes, fiber and water retention

hello, i really don't know how to solve this problem: eating legumes (especially) or other foods rich in fiber i get abdominal water retention and it is really unaesthetic and i think it's because idrosoluble fibers that keep water. furthermore eating legumes i sistematically become constipated and situation gets better only if i reduce during next days the intaking of fiber.

the only thing i have tought is to increase lyposoluble fibers in the same meal to favourite digestive flowing, but i'm not sure it is a great idea.

can anyone help me?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't eat them.

Okay, not so helpful, huh? You might want to restrict sodium. Also increase your water intake. I find if I eat things that make me hold water earlier in the day I hold less. Not sure what is up with that, but it seems to hold true.

I hope it works out for you. I have a water retention issue with some foods too, and I hate it.

• 2 weeks later...

thank you for your answer;)

I already drink enough water during the day that's not the problem. Instead I admit I use a lot of salt, but retention happens only with these foods that I'm not using at all. this problem with legumes is really common so I'm surprised that here no one has this problem!

I make chili in a crock pot. I put dry beans and water in there, make sure to keep the water level high enough so the beans dont soak it all up and dry then get burned as that smells bad. I have no problem with black beans in this way, they digest very easily. And I eat probably two bowls of chili a day now since I made so much. Mung beans are quick to cook and in my experience don't need pre soaking. So try those out as well.