So I decided to be a Vegan and now I need replacement foods

FormerlyFromDetroit

My normal diet would consist of egg whites, lots of protein 100% Whey, chicken breast, and tuna, and different veggies. That is for my cutting phase. What I am curious about is the replacement for egg whites, chicken, and tuna. My Calorie totals were around 1,500 with 300 grams protein, 30 carbs or so, and 10 grams of fat. Lots of Caffiene for the energy as there are close to little or no carbs.

I havent been lifting for a while due to a injury I sustained while in the military so I gained about 30lbs. (I couldnt walk) I am not worried as I know I will lose it in less than 3 months. I just want to know where I can find some good recipies and replacements for egg whites, chicken, and fish as the high protein content.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Vegan sources of protein include tofu, tempeh, seitan, beans/legumes, etc. There are a lot of choices out there. Instead of whey shakes, I use a mix of rice protein and pea protein. There is also hemp and soy and some other options.

It seems like your diet was really low in fat and carbs. I'm also curious about your height/weight as your calories look pretty low. I'm a female and I am losing fat eating more than 1500 a day...

Vegan sources of protein include tofu, tempeh, seitan, beans/legumes, etc. There are a lot of choices out there. Instead of whey shakes, I use a mix of rice protein and pea protein. There is also hemp and soy and some other options.

It seems like your diet was really low in fat and carbs. I'm also curious about your height/weight as your calories look pretty low. I'm a female and I am losing fat eating more than 1500 a day...

That diet is only for 2 to 3 weeks then I go back to normal maintenance of around 2000 Calories a day with a 40/40/20. I am 6'1" 225. I usually switch up every couple months to shock my body. It seems to work for me. I eat more when I am strength training, but thats a whole other story.

Thanks for the response

Gemma: Pea Protein

- they also let you make custom mixes. the one i currently use is mainly pea, with some brown rice, and hemp protein.

Lots of great recipes here

Here's what I've been eating recently:

tempeh

yams

red quinoa

wheatberries

black beans

garbanzo beans

sprouted bread (ezekiel)

raw almond butter

i make granola with:

rolled oats, dried fruit, and nuts

- i don't bake it either. just mix it up in a big container add some cinnamon.

- you can also add boiling water to this later on to make oatmeal.

lots of fruit and nuts/seeds

- apples, nectarines, cherries, pears, strawberries, etc

- almonds, pepitas, sunflower seeds

i usually make at least one smoothie a day with

- frozen fruit

- nuts/seeds: almonds, sunflower, pepitas

- protein: pea/rice/hemp

- spirulina

im also a big fan of larabars, and organic food bars for quick nutrition.