any other 80-10-10 followers??

I been away from raw and back again, anyway doing 8-1-1 again..feelin really good on it training 2-3 times a day. Mono eating feels good and easy..no prep..no gourmet junk food etc

Gonna be doing mono eating this week, upping the training

Anyways anyone else??

I haven't read Dr. Graham's book but have noticed that when I eat pretty much 80-10-10 I feel great. I eat mostly fruit, half an avocado and some greens every day. Still trying to eliminate sprouted whole grain bread, but I am close to transitioning to 100% raw for awhile.

If you found a diet that works for you then great. I haven't read the book in it's whole but I have read a few articles by Graham. I would focus a lot on the greens for overall mineral and fatty acid intake. Zinc is probably the hardest mineral to get enough of on the 811 diet and it's extremely important for athletes. Even more so for guys than girls if the dudes are sexually active.

Personally I believe that we got amylase for a greater reason than the tiny amounts of starches found in fruits

Rawdancer, does mono food mean that you only eat one food at a time?

For example, would a dressing-free salad be mono if it combined various vegetables/nuts?

I'd like to try a mono diet but there are a lot of very healthy foods that I can't eat by themselves (like raw spinach leaves for example, which I mix into a smoothie each morning)... would the benefits of eating whole foods outweigh the cons of missing out on the nutritional content of foods I simply can't eat alone (simply because I can't stand the taste)?

For example, would a dressing-free salad be mono if it combined various vegetables/nuts?

I'd like to try a mono diet but there are a lot of very healthy foods that I can't eat by themselves (like raw spinach leaves for example, which I mix into a smoothie each morning)... would the benefits of eating whole foods outweigh the cons of missing out on the nutritional content of foods I simply can't eat alone (simply because I can't stand the taste)?

Hey Aryan

I just received these dvd's in the mail today.

It's a great way to understand the Vegan Raw diet and

Frederic prepares a lot great recipes.

http://www.fredericpatenaude.com/lowfatdvds/index_2.html

mono means exactly that

e.g.

1 meal : 10 banana's 2 meal : 5 oranges 3 meal 8 bell peppers etc

I do combine sometimes but very simply.. like baby spinach with dressing of tomato/mango poured on top..

Am going to be doing mono banana for a while now..will keep posted with results etc on

Hello everyone!

I eat according to 80/10/10, I took a fancy to it the mono means. Initially heavy to switch to raw one exclusively, little decrease can be experienced, but after it great all of it!

My daily diet:

Breakfast: melon, or peaches, you are anything else seasonal fruits, we say it 1,5-2 kgs (netto in weight) + green letter (after training small hempseed flour)

Lunch: 1,5 kgs bananas

Dinner: 0,5 kgs bananas, a head lettuce

in the evening a fistful walnuts

~2800-3000 Kcal.

Maybe I'm just too toxic, but when I started doing this the detox laid me flat, as in no freaking way I could workout. Then I remembered hearing Tim Orden, of runningraw.com say it took him a year and a half raw before he was detoxed enough to start training. You know.....I just don't want to wait that long to be able to get really fit. I'd rather do a long weekend every month of 80/10/10 to cleanse. Plus, as a single mom, I just don't have the luxury of chillin' while I'm detoxing. So....I've thrown in the towel on this one.

I WILL say, though, even though this is an 80/10/10 thread, that eating protein/carbs every 2.5 hours and eating about 60% raw makes me feel really strong. I can feel it balancing my insulin, my energy soars and I am getting better results from tranining.

I guess for me it goes back to the idea that if I were in paradise (or could afford to REALLY rest to get through the detox) I would embrace 100% raw immediately. But hey, eating a whole food, plant based diet, 50-75% raw, exercising regularly, etc, is a pretty darn healthy way to live!

I do basically a low fat raw vegan diet but am new to it. I love green smoothies and they are the backbone of my diet. I feel really good on this and not as good on straight fruit meals. I have also been participating in a gentle 6 week detox. Have dropped down to 102# but feel that I really haven't lost muscle but a lot of trapped fat (=cellulite). So I think being super lean is a great place to pack on more muscle and I usually pack on muscle easily.

I definitely feel "cleaner" on this way of eating.

Debra