Can we get an online icon to become vegetarian for 30 days?

mikkei

On June 22nd, the "voice of Google" Matt Cutts opened up voting on what he will give up for the next in a series of 30-day challenges he's been doing. On the list is "no meat for 30 days". Yeah, it'd be a whole lot cooler if it was "no animal products whatsoever for 30-days", but I'll take what I can get.

If we can vote up his poll for "no meat" we may be able to get him to take the challenge (It's only at 9% right now). This guy is huge one the internet, so I believe it could actually influence a lot of people and at least put the idea of giving up meat into their heads.

Find out more and vote here!

I almost had to betray my lovely animals and vote for no email. But then I noticed it was actually just limiting email to one hour a day (um, I typically spend about 10 minutes a day on my email even without any challenge) and voted no meat. Of course, if he just eats cheese products every meal it will do more harm than good, but regardless...

I voted this afternoon. It was at 11%. The leading one was about 14%, and only about 200 more votes or so.

If everyone voted on this board voted, we could probably push it to be the winner. That's assumining that the page has been up long enough that the vote percentages have leveled out, and several other statistical things, but I digress.

I think the 30 seconds it took to vote was worthwhile.