Stuffed Mushrooms

CrispyQ

This is my best ever stuffed mushroom recipe.

Stuffed Mushrooms

16 very large mushrooms, stems removed but set aside

Earth Balance for greasing pan & 'shroom caps

1 cup frozen spinach, thawed & drained well

1 cup breadcrumbs

1/2 block vegan mozz cheeze, shredded

1 teaspoon onion granules

1/2 teaspoon gralic granules

4 Tablespoons melted Earth Balance

2 egg replacer (I used Ener-G -- whisk 3 teaspoons of Ener-G into 4 Tablespoons of room temp water)

Generously grease a baking dish with some Earth Balance. Grease each mushroom cap with Earth Balance, using the palms of your hand to get them thoroughly covered.

Finely chop the mushroom stems. In a large bowl, mix the stems, frozen spinach, breadcrumbs, vegan cheeze, onion & garlic granules. Mix well. Add the melted butter & Ener-G and mix again.

Put a decent mound of stuffing mix into each mushroom cap, patting to make firm. Bake at 375 degrees for approx 20-25 minutes. Turn oven to broil at 425 degrees & broil for approx 10 minutes, careful not to burn.

=====

• 4 months later...

This recipe was a combo of two different stuffed shroom recipes I had tried before. Definitely modify next time you make them!

I've always greased the shrooms individually, but as long as the pan is greased that should work. As for the 4 T Earth Balance, try cutting it out or perhaps halving it.

Glad you liked these. Post any mods you make in the future, ok?

vegdad: if you cant find the vegan butter that is okay - you dont really need it. You can grease the pan with some nontick cooking spray. I highly recommend this recipe it was SO good.

I made these again today.

This time I omitted the greasing of the shrooms, and I also omitted the spinach. I upped the garlic and onion granules to two full teaspoons each.

it turned out tastier for me with the above modifications but that is only because in my world there is no such thing as too much onions and garlic.

This is truly one of the best appetizers I have ever had and people could serve it to their omni guests and they would be very impressed.

Thanks again lez for this awesome recipe.

Cant wait to try your artichoke dip next!!!

it turned out tastier for me with the above modifications but that is only because in my world there is no such thing as too much onions and garlic.

We love garlic & onions, too. I'll definitely try it your way next time.