When you first started lifting, how much could you bench?

I was intimidated by the bar in the early days (45 lbs). Then I remember getting smashed under about 85 pounds. I put up 325 pounds on decline bench last week and over 250lbs on flat bench, closing in on 285 lbs or so on flat bench soon.

I was intimidated by the bar in the early days (45 lbs). Then I remember getting smashed under about 85 pounds. I put up 325 pounds on decline bench last week and over 250lbs on flat bench, closing in on 285 lbs or so on flat bench soon.

Post a youtube VIDEO on your decline or it didnt happen!!

I had two forum members there working out with me to testifly I will admit I had a bit of a spot...not much, but I did have a little spot when I hit 300, 315 and 325. 275 was with no spot but when I get over 300 I want to make sure I'm not crushed so I keep a spotter around.

I'll get a clean 300+ soon..but still pressing heavy weights!

You're still stronger than me...but I'm getting there and was 190 at the gym last night!...came home took clothes off and relieved to learn I'm really 185 since I have to be 175 in 10 days.

I think I started at about 60kg when I was about 14-15, I have my old journal at home somewhere and I ended getting to about 80kg but lost motivation after a few months because soccer was my sport of choice back then

I did have a little spot when I hit 300, 315 and 325. 275 was with no spot but when I get over 300 I want to make sure I'm not crushed so I keep a spotter around.

Nothing wrong with having a spotter, it only invalidates the lift if he touches the bar.

I started going to the gym at 15. My gym had two benches, one had a bar weighing 145lb and a sign saying "if you can't bench this use the other bench, don't take the plates off". Me and my training partner didn't want to appear weak so getting 3 sets of 10 with that was the first target, got that within a couple of weeks.

I had two forum members there working out with me to testifly I will admit I had a bit of a spot...not much, but I did have a little spot when I hit 300, 315 and 325. 275 was with no spot but when I get over 300 I want to make sure I'm not crushed so I keep a spotter around.

I'll get a clean 300+ soon..but still pressing heavy weights!

You're still stronger than me...but I'm getting there and was 190 at the gym last night!...came home took clothes off and relieved to learn I'm really 185 since I have to be 175 in 10 days.

If im hitting just 300lbs on decline and you are hitting 325lbs how does that make me stronger? Man my elbow sucks. It hasnt flared like it did when I hit 275 flat, but it seems....blah blah blah fuckin excuses I have! NEVERMIND!

Anyway, good job bro. Keep up that heavy lifting

I first tried lifting when I was 15 or 16. I was very skinny and I could lift maybe 100 lbs. I lifted for maybe a year back then with qoute bad results since I had no clue what to eat or anything. I did get 160 lbs up though.

When I started training again on November 2007 /after 8 years without a single lift) I could do like 8-10 reps @ 110 lbs. Now I can do 7 reps @ 185 lbs and 1 rep max is 225 lbs. I haven't tried 1 rep max for months.

(For all of my numbers, add 12 lbs for the bar)

When I first started 4.5 months ago, I was flat-benching:

10 @ 50 lbs

10@ 60 lbs

10 (or until fatigue) @ 70 lbs

Then, I would do incline and decline at about 20 lbs less per set.

Now I'm flat-benching:

10 @ 90 lbs

10 @ 100 lbs

10 (or until fatigue) @ 110 lbs

Then I still do incline and decline at about 20 lbs less per set.

I don't have a spotter, so I don't know my max. I weigh 155 lbs right now, so I don't know how good my numbers are, but I usually increase the weight in 10 lbs increments for every set, and I usually start 10 lbs heavier each week- but I've been stuck at 90-110 for about 3 weeks now.

So, my normal chest workout consists of 3 sets of 10 reps of: flat-bench; incline bench, decline bench and butterflies. Does anyone else do something similar? Does this sound like a good chest routine?

When I first started lifting I can remember struggling to get out a set of 10 with 50kg (110),

My first goal was to hit the big plates (20kg - 44lbs) lol....

Wow that was a while ago.... I weighed 74kgs (163) at the time, which isn't much when you are 6'3....

My bench sucks. But I'm a weak skinny fat chick with not much muscle. Anyway, about 3 months ago just the bar was a struggle. Now I'm at 70 for 5 reps.

Hey! You don't need to press much to get some good muscle going. I only work chest once a week using just 1 series of DB presses, then again indirectly with dips..I currently only use 2x16k DB's..but my chest is ripped! I took these fotos last night when i was taking the ones for the triceps comp so I thought I'd show them to you although I look much better with a pump!

It's not about how much weight you use, its about intensity, form and recovery time.

Of course..sadly I've lost all "tit" action now

chest.jpg.f4363b964bcf71ae551571604416c4a0.jpg

chest1.jpg.c355739ffb2f8045a45bb93f8b4866bd.jpg