Embarrased, but proud...

Bro, I just replied to your other post. Don't be discouraged. I think you probably are closer to being on it than you realize. You may just need to change a few things. So far you have made some really good progress. It took me years to get ready for my first bodybuilding contest. The important thing for me was I got there, and continue to get there. I did a lot of trial and error, and failed a lot. I just kept at it. You will make your goals too.

Thanks, DC Ninja. I really was joking about the comments being more about my hair than my progress- I'm not upset at all. In fact, I welcome the extra comments on the hair because it tells me that I'm doing something right, and I cut it myself, so I was afraid that it may have looked funny .

I really have been neglecting my legs and back until now, so I'm going to make sure that I do squats and dead lifts (among other exercises) regularly from now on. From what I've been reading, those and other compound exercises should help get me out of my plateau and add some mass while increasing the weight that I can lift.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually just take pics at the end of each month, but I felt like I looked pretty good this morning. This 1st pic is just me flexing my arm and the 2nd pic is just a huge difference from my beginning pics. It's nothing spectacular, but I like it because I'm starting to see definition and, again, it's a huge difference from what I looked like 4 months ago.

th_07-18-09Mid-Month.jpg.569b20d9d46eacfd970664154a959e7b.jpg

th_07-18-09Arm.jpg.7ac723b0775d96a1697b4e1458d113c0.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks! I have been taking pics at the end of each month to put in my progression picture, but I kept getting headaches every time that I exercised for a couple of weeks at the end of July, so my progress is a little behind schedule. I plan to update my pics mid to late August.