Argh!!!! some people!!!!

Veganjkdgirl

Arghhhhhh!!!!!

In the past week I have heard some right crap......and it's driving me mad so I thought here would be a good place to rant!!!!

1) My mum has told me that being vegan is a stupid diet and that if everyone became vegan there would be no cows!!!!!

2) That it's ok to eat veal cos what the animals don't know they won't miss!!!

3) One of the lads at the gym dragged his veggie mate over to me and said "Ask her, she'll tell you that you can't be a bodybuilder and eat a veggie diet" his face was a picture when I told him I was vegan

4) "Vegan Bodybuilders? isn't that a contradiction in terms!"

5) "You look too healthy to be a vegan"

On the plus side my JKD Instructor has said that I look "impressive" when I'm lifting weights and that no matter what people may think of my diet it is certainly working for me!!! He also said that sometime soon he will take some photos of me training so that I can post them here and on facebook to show what vegans can do

What's the dumbest thing someone has said to the rest of you????

• 1 month later...

I'd like that your mum explains why she thinks there would be no cows if everybody would be vegan... Most meat-eaters say the opposite, an overpopulation of cows will invade Earth if we stop killing them, lol.

My mom is more comprehensive, but she said that using cows for milk and bees for honey is a 'collaboration'. A collaboration of what, animals dont need us, they dont need anything that they cannot get by themselves, they certainly dont need money and anyway we dont give them any for their service, they dont want the cheap food we feed them with instead of the milk or honey they already produce, and they are animals that live outdoor and dont need shelter; and they surely dont need the abuse that we inflict to them...

Meat-eaters say those things because they are stupid. Nuff said. There is actual scientific proof showing that vegetarians have higher IQs.. Though I've heard some vegans say dumbass things too.. It's not nearly as bad as "If the whole world went vegan there'd be no cows". How in the hell does that make any sense?

Meat-eaters say those things because they are stupid. Nuff said. There is actual scientific proof showing that vegetarians have higher IQs.. Though I've heard some vegans say dumbass things too.. It's not nearly as bad as "If the whole world went vegan there'd be no cows". How in the hell does that make any sense?

LOL well said!

The best thing you can do to naysayers is to right them on their ignorant ideas of veganism. If you are confident and clear, no one will be able to argue with you. People still joke or poke fun of me at work, but afterwords they always say "Damn, I wish I could do that, you're so healthy".

Don't blame people and the way they think. Anger is the worst way to treat that sort of thing. I laugh it off, and love to tell them the truth in a matter-of-fact way, having a good chuckle before and after.

There is actual scientific proof showing that vegetarians have higher IQs..

do share please

Actually, I can second that there is. Mostly, though, it is linked to the fact that vegetarians are generally better educated and of the groups of people who tend to have higher IQs. Vegetarians and vegans are often smarter in the first place, and switch to the lifestyle because they are capable of critical, liberal (not the political option) thinking. The plants only generally have an impact on things such as age-related mental decline and dementia. I will try to scrounge up the studies.

*edit*

Already found it. This shows that the participants were intelligent before becoming vegetarian.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6180753.stm