Is soy milk bad for you?

I don't even know this greensmoothiegirl anyways,if she's not selling anything,well..it's actually more reliable than a doctor or an institution..don't forget that we live in a world where everybody is "repeating",very few people know what they are saying,like if I tell you some bloody war in the past didn't actually took place,you don't really know anything for sure(neither do I but I'm playing),but you trust blindly your history book so you will argue with me all day..useless.

No, we trust the primary sources the history books use. There's a difference. I think history is a bad example to try and make your point with anyway, since there aren't really any "greensmoothiegirls" for that topic.

With respect to something like health, people like greensmoothiegirl simply don't have the knowledge, regardless of their intentions. She might have the best motives in the world, but as long as she doesn't know what she's talking about, you might as well just make up your own answers and run with them.

As for "doctors and institutions," it totally depends on which doctor or institution you're talking about. Remember, not all doctors in America are the same, and America is not the world.

I don't even know this greensmoothiegirl anyways,if she's not selling anything,well..it's actually more reliable than a doctor or an institution..don't forget that we live in a world where everybody is "repeating",very few people know what they are saying,like if I tell you some bloody war in the past didn't actually took place,you don't really know anything for sure(neither do I but I'm playing),but you trust blindly your history book so you will argue with me all day..useless.

No, we trust the primary sources the history books use. There's a difference. I think history is a bad example to try and make your point with anyway, since there aren't really any "greensmoothiegirls" for that topic.

With respect to something like health, people like greensmoothiegirl simply don't have the knowledge, regardless of their intentions. She might have the best motives in the world, but as long as she doesn't know what she's talking about, you might as well just make up your own answers and run with them.

As for "doctors and institutions," it totally depends on which doctor or institution you're talking about. Remember, not all doctors in America are the same, and America is not the world.

what this has to do with soymilk anyways? lol

ok we'll end this with me suggesting you to watch "Kymatica" and Zeitgeist and some David Icke works.

Now will you please tell me what you think about soymilk???XD

ok we'll end this with me suggesting you to watch "Kymatica" and Zeitgeist and some David Icke works.

Soymilk is great. It's good for you. Also, recommending David Icke gets you a You Fail Logic and Science Forever award.

Soymilk is great. It's good for you. Also, recommending David Icke gets you a You Fail Logic and Science Forever award.

I wish he was wrong man,I really do..if only you could open your mind and listen to him without judging him,if only you could get rid of your "the gov would never do this",if you could realize that you don't know everything you could have a chance to learn and evolve,instead you lock yourself in your little box, your unconsciousness and say "there's nothing outside this box,and if somebody tells something different he's a nutjob"

I wish he was wrong man,I really do..if only you could open your mind and listen to him without judging him,if only you could get rid of your "the gov would never do this",if you could realize that you don't know everything you could have a chance to learn and evolve,instead you lock yourself in your little box, your unconsciousness and say "there's nothing outside this box,and if somebody tells something different he's a nutjob"

No, if somebody tells me we're controlled by a secret race of shapeshifting, extraterrestrial, reptilian humanoids, he's a nutjob. If you believe The Protocols of the Elders of Zion is real, you're a nutjob. If you claim to be the son of God and wear only turquoise, you're a nutjob. He seems like a nice enough guy and quite intelligent, but clearly a complete fruit loop.

No, if somebody tells me we're controlled by a secret race of shapeshifting, extraterrestrial, reptilian humanoids, he's a nutjob. If you believe The Protocols of the Elders of Zion is real, you're a nutjob. If you claim to be the son of God and wear only turquoise, you're a nutjob. He seems like a nice enough guy and quite intelligent, but clearly a complete fruit loop.

do you remember when people believed the earth was flat?then a guy said "the earth is a globe" and they punished him as heretic..prejudice is bad,it blinds you from the truth,I bet you never read one of his books or watched an entire meeting.

After you really inform yourself,then do you know for sure he's not right?who are you? a God?do you know and see everything?

This thread is retarded and I won't bother reading or writing to it anymore. If someone just doesn't get it if it is told to him/her perfectly clearly, leave it.

Read the effin articles by objective scientists. http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_nutrition/soy_whats_the_big_deal

Soy milk has been used for f**ckin 2000 years without anything bad happening to people who use it.

This thread is retarded and I won't bother reading or writing to it anymore. If someone just doesn't get it if it is told to him/her perfectly clearly, leave it.

Read the effin articles by objective scientists. http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_nutrition/soy_whats_the_big_deal

Soy milk has been used for f**ckin 2000 years without anything bad happening to people who use it.

Finally a good answer

• 2 weeks later...
That article by "Green Smoothie Girl" is, frankly, pure bullshit. Even such people as Lyle McDoanld and John Berardi now agree that soy is perfectly fine (and probably even beneficial) when consumed in moderation. Soy does NOT lower testosterone and it does NOT cause thyroid problems (if iodine intake is sufficient to begin with).

Soy Formula by Jack Norris

Soy: What's the Big Deal? by John Berardi and Ryan Andrews

Effects of Soy Protein and Soybean Isoflavones on Thyroid Function in Healthy Adults and Hypothyroid Patients - Research Review by Lyle McDonal

I'd really like this anti-soy nonsense to finally go away

Thanks for the info. I read the "Soy - Whats the big deal" article and I thought it was very informative. What I am wondering is how serious of an issue the "anti-nutrient" elements of non-fermented soy products are. In the article they don't seem to show anything to the contrary. So is it generally accepted that this is accurate?

In addition when they say it is anti nutrient what does that mean exactly? It seems to me that there are not a lot of natural nutrients in soy products anyway (besides protein) so as long as you are getting the protein benefits is this really an issue? For me it wouldn't be because I use soy products as a protein replacement for animal protein, I get my other nutrients in other foods.

It seems to me that there are not a lot of natural nutrients in soy products anyway (besides protein) so as long as you are getting the protein benefits is this really an issue?

What? Soybeans are one of the most nutritious foods there is! Choke-full of vitamins and minerals (not to even mention the kick-ass quality protein).

Check this out, for example: http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/legumes-and-legume-products/4375/2

Granted, soy isn't some miracle food which can make up for otherwise poor dietary choices, but it sure is a great addition to pretty much anyone's nutrition plan. And if you eat edamame or/and the fermented stuff (tempeh, miso, natto), you're getting all the benefits, but almost none of the cons.