My new motto: Veganism sucks!

aryan

First off check out this site... there are vegans both male and female that could seriously kick some serious A$$. <--- (Dollar signs ain't that cute). Strong, Athletic, Healthy, and so on..... Look if you listen to dumb idiots who are challenging you because they think you will cave in and because they feel guilty then that is what your gonna hear.

I often was the new kid since I was traveling as a kid from school to school. People had clicks and I was like the dude that people were like who is that guy. Check it. Now I reflect back on all the name calling and stuff. I just really should have not cared. Because there are great people around in this planet and dumb (mother Fxxxrs...). I have to lay it out straight. Look Vegans unless they deep fry everything and eat donuts all day are pretty much on a the better track than non vegans with their health. Non Vegans eat crap and I mean litteraly and feel so bad about the same staple foods they eat they feel compelled to fight back. "How dare you claim to be healthier...and love animals. Shame on you!!!!" It is just ridiculous and all of them know it. I was there. Once they see the truth about bad health, environment and the treatment of animals they will have no excuse. Look my mom will refuse to see the footage because she knows she would have to give up her sacred meat. She know this stuff is just f'd up.

Using animals for food is just wrong and we have the power of choice. I always like to use the analogy of hey an apple falls from a tree or dear gets hit by a car and dies in front of you. Which one would you eat if you had to? The answer of course the apple because no nut bag in Gods name would feel compelled to eat dead carcas. A wolf would salavate and have a feast with it but we are not meat eating animals as we have been told. We thrive on greens for the most part. Alkaline foods. Meat eaters are like...we just cake that stuff in sauces after we have charbroiled the worms out because that is the only manageable way to eat it.

Bottom line Vegans are not better but I think are a bit more on the cutting edge of living a better life for all purposes. My family asked me if I could turn it off just for the holidays ... I laughed. Let me be clear. Killing animals for food or clothing is not necessary. Vegan food is delicious because plants are the spice of life... (no pun intended). No but for real... I had a hard time at first because I had no clue how to prepare vegan food. Trust me when I say when you learn to cook vegan food then it will be a sinch. The thing is for some people it just is to hard to learn a new way of preparing food. Plus when you got a fast food joint just around the corner making it easier to just eat some chemical filled burger then it is hard to compete against that. Ask all the sick people at my work. They would love to be thin and fit like many here but they can't because their mind controls them. They have no control over their mind.

We can be fit, we can be healthy, we can be more environmentally conscious and we have a great respect for other living beings and that feels damn good. No dumb person's comment is going to tell me other wise I found the meaning of life. Being VEGAN is the Best Damn Thing there is. !!!!!

I have found that at times its a good idea to be selective about who you let know that you are a vegan/vegetarian , ESPECIALLY at your place of work .

It can be unavoidable.

My family asked me if I could turn it off just for the holidays ... I laughed.

My mom asked me the same thing! My reaction was the same and I told her I wouldn't be visiting that year. I hung up. Some might think that was over the top but honestly if she's asking me to eat animal products she clearly doesn't understand what this means to me. Another year she cooked an otherwise vegan meal for me in butter, then didn't tell me until half way through the meal. Oh, but it was "just a little bit." We don't really speak that much anymore.

My family asked me if I could turn it off just for the holidays ... I laughed.

My mom asked me the same thing! My reaction was the same and I told her I wouldn't be visiting that year. I hung up. Some might think that was over the top but honestly if she's asking me to eat animal products she clearly doesn't understand what this means to me. Another year she cooked an otherwise vegan meal for me in butter, then didn't tell me until half way through the meal. Oh, but it was "just a little bit." We don't really speak that much anymore.

Omg, I'd be soooo angry!! It's insulting that some people think our logic's that screwed up.

Yeah, it's 'just a little bit' of cruelty, so it's okay! Idiots.

Yeah well I will do what I do.. As far as not talking to my family I guess it may be a bit much but everyone has a different situation. I think this stuff is just ignorance at all levels and I just let them be. If I did something it would not be eating my moms cooking since I know how much she likes to cook for our family. That would be punishment enough. I let her know that most of the time I will do my own thing. I am glad for that. She will just have to get use to it because I will not budge. I am Vegan... and I just got to say that it is not going anywhere for a while. Get tough with people that is what I say. People will back off.

I prefer the Old you rather than the liar New you. If you are tired of having discussions with them and feeling like you have to justify yourself and your diet to everybody, you can use black humor like the examples Marcina wrote are really great and I might even use them because I too am tired of their stupidity and ignorance, but especially their incapacity and refusal to understand, learn or try anything new. I avoid talking about my diatery choices to everybody and only talk about it if they ask me questions and its a pleasure to give them informations if they are ready to listen and offer an intelligent dialogue but when they are too stupid I can't stand it. Even just looking at the people in the street eating their Big Mac, smoking their cigarette and drinking coffee puts me in a bad mood and makes me want to shout: they're all crazy ! all sick people, all carrion-eating, necrophages, detritivores, sapotrophs, rapacious, vultures, scavengers, hyennas, carnivores, vampires, parasites... Last night I saw last woody allen flick ''whatever works'' so it doesn't help, lol ! The guy in the movie is kinda like woody allen, ed by everything, by life and mankind, for instance he says something like: do you know why they installed toilets that flush automatically ? Because people were not even able to flush the toilet ! Can you imagine that? People can't flush the toilet, so what can you expect good from mankind?''

It reminds me that people in my office are pretty sick. This one lady I was giving her some ideas for better food choices that would give her more energy and feel less sick. She was like yeah I your right I need to. My husband and I are both on the wrong track we need to start making better food choices. I was interested because I was hey here is someone open minded and willing to help themselves out to feel better. The next day as I go by her desk there is a big bag of cheetos on her desk. I am like after weeks of talking and I even gave her a documentary on people improving their health through diet but she still had not bothered to watch it. She made some excuse that it was in a box or something. Anyway I come to realize people don't want to change. They want to keep doing what they are doing because it feels safe. Even if they feel horrible the thought of giving up their horrible donuts and pastries is beyond impossible for them. I think some people are trying to really make a step and others have given up on themselves.

I don't give up. or on people I will keep trying.

Anyway I agree the Big Mac and chick fillet is aweful and it makes me mad to see how bad it is in all ways. Again how can health food compete when you got super high flavored food created by chemists next door at your nearest drive through. And it is really cheap. I think everyone here in my neighborhood is like produce is to expensive. I was like are you kidding me and your medical bills and pills and doctor visits are not? ... people respond, OH I did not think of that...

People really don't think about food they think about what is going to make their taste buds excited. 300 lbs later it seems like a lost cause.

They dont think ! Of course refined sugar and saturated fats are cheap, because that's all they are buying. If they change, the industry will follow and offer cheap prices for fruits and vegetables. In fact, it is already cheaper than chips and cookies, but not everywhere, you gotta shop at the right places, where they dont sell the chips and cookies. I get organic watermelon for 50 cents per pound, grapefruits 70 cents each, bananas 40cents per pound, cherries 2$ pound, romaine lettuce for 1,50$, all are organic, cheaper than non-organic fruits in large super markets that sell junk food. You can buy fast food items for a buck, but for what? Money to buy diseases and obesity ?

My new motto has actually worked out really well for me. I love it when people make some snarky comment and look at me ready for me to defend myself, then look completely shocked and taken aback when I agree with them. One person stuttered something like, "Oh... oh, well, PETA kills animals!" "You're right, with PETA killing animals, being a vegan is just ridiculous. But what can I say? I'm a ridiculous person." The expression was priceless. Ah yes, I love having let go of the responsibility of having to give people a good impression of veganism. I can get angry if I feel it, I can throw things, I can be outrageously opinionated and bossy, I can ENJOY a salad in public (I used to say I hated salads because I didn't want people to think that was all I ate, but why? I can eat a salad if I want.), I can feel tired all day and run out of breath on nature hikes and have to turn back, and if anyone tries to blame it on my diet, I just agree!

Spending all of my time trying not to conform to stereotypes was really unpleasant. Now I've released that need and I'm having a lot more fun.

aryan ... the idea is not to just accept peoples ignorance but educate. Most people really don't know and they think vegans are gonna die without meat. Boy are they wrong. Being passive is probably better if nothing is said. Someone makes fun of Veganism you ignore them. Keep doing what your doing. Let now one try to put you down. Veganism is healthy if done right and again better than pushing down slabs of saturated fat with a good ol glass of cancer juice aka milk. Next time you look at their food ask them how they get vitamin k or vitamin c or fiber... with that meal they are eating. No pill is going to correct that. Ask them why they eat meat. Do they enjoy shortening their life? Why is unhealthy always follow the trend of cool. Self distruction is cool. Like smoking . I remeber in high school the smokers thought they were the cool ones. In my head I was like they are the dumb ones. People are really food addicts. They can not stop. Can I eat meat... yeah of course. I am not restrictive. Do I choose to eat meat ... well NO! because I don't want anything to do with it. You see the key is turn it on them. Why do they do what they do. Your doing it for logical reasons or so I think, health, respect for animals, environment. All worthy causes that are noble. Really why do you put down that crap down your throat Sir! that is what I would ask them.

We all have choices. I choose the better and ethical side of things. This just shows how crazy people are or how confused they are. You shoot a dog or a cat and people think your crazy and they will lock you up. You shoot a pig then your cool ! what the f....! Make them think and find good ways to turn it around so that your no longer the focus but they are. The mind is a great weapon against fools!

People aren't convinced by logic. Most people cannot really follow a logical thought process. That's why they think:

Humans have pointed teeth therefore eating meat is natural therefore eating meat is right.

Obviously, both conclusions are wrong, even assuming the previous one is right. But people don't seem to really be able to comprehend such things. With all issues, most people seem to base their opinions on convenience rather than actually thinking things out. That's why human consciousness evolves so slowly... if people suddenly decided to start thinking things out human consciousness would evolve in a matter of days rather than over centuries. It's often frustrating for me and I wonder if humans have always been this stupid and easily manipulated.

Can you believe people still hit their kids!? Can you believe people still eat the carcasses of dead animals!? And we call ourselves civilized.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry if I missed a discussion about this & feel free to point me to the relevant topic here but: why "aryan"?

Why not?

This is completely off topic, but as I love talking about myself, I'll answer anyway. This is the name I use on all Internet forums. It is designed so that people of a certain belief system will be able to recognize me as one of their own. If you don't already know what it means then it is not relevant to you.

Sorry if I missed a discussion about this & feel free to point me to the relevant topic here but: why "aryan"?

Why not?

This is completely off topic, but as I love talking about myself, I'll answer anyway. This is the name I use on all Internet forums. It is designed so that people of a certain belief system will be able to recognize me as one of their own. If you don't already know what it means then it is not relevant to you.

So you're either a) a racist or b) some idiot pretending to be a racist in order to make people on this site look bad. I'm guessing the latter, based on your ridiculously obvious attempt in the General Fitness forum to get "we vegans" to admit we think we're better than everyone else. It's kinda sad that you don't have a better way to spend your time, but that's your loss I suppose.

Anyway, I've reported you to the site administrators and I trust they'll take appropriate action.

Why not?

So you're either a) a racist or b) some idiot pretending to be a racist in order to make people on this site look bad. I'm guessing the latter, based on your ridiculously obvious attempt in the General Fitness forum to get "we vegans" to admit we think we're better than everyone else. It's kinda sad that you don't have a better way to spend your time, but that's your loss I suppose.

Anyway, I've reported you to the site administrators and I trust they'll take appropriate action.

Ah, the question I meant to ask earlier but never did

This explains the anti-semitic undertones in a previous thread, which were dodged when I tried to get an explanation. At least things are clear now, but I'd hoped that perhaps the screen name was just someone's name in real life. Oh well, I guess we can't say that the vegan community is immune to the kind of dregs that permeate so many other groups...

Why not?

Huh? What does race have to do with anything? I think I've been misunderstood...

Why not?

Ah, the question I meant to ask earlier but never did

This explains the anti-semitic undertones in a previous thread, which were dodged when I tried to get an explanation. At least things are clear now, but I'd hoped that perhaps the screen name was just someone's name in real life. Oh well, I guess we can't say that the vegan community is immune to the kind of dregs that permeate so many other groups...

Shut up and dance, fatty.

Ooooohhh. Burned!

Nice to see you resort to the same infantile tactics you get all pissy about other people using when you don't have anything worthwhile to say.

Yep, it's not about race, but you just felt compelled to inform everyone here that you're one of those nutty white pride people via your choice of screen name. And I quote:

It is designed so that people of a certain belief system will be able to recognize me as one of their own.

And, if it's not the white pride/white power/whatever nutjob people you're looking to "identify with", then who might it be?

You really love backing yourself into a corner, don't you? Wouldn't be the first time, but I'm certaily hoping that it may just be the last.

Ooooohhh. Burned!

Nice to see you resort to the same infantile tactics you get all pissy about other people using when you don't have anything worthwhile to say.

Yep, it's not about race, but you just felt compelled to inform everyone here that you're one of those nutty white pride people via your choice of screen name. And I quote:

It is designed so that people of a certain belief system will be able to recognize me as one of their own.

And, if it's not the white pride/white power/whatever nutjob people you're looking to "identify with", then who might it be?

You really love backing yourself into a corner, don't you? Wouldn't be the first time, but I'm certaily hoping that it may just be the last.

You really love being a douche, don't you? I was talking about Christians (some of them anyway). I'm not even white myself. I'm mixed race. And I have friends who are white, black, Indian, Jewish, Asian. My goodness.

Ooooohhh. Burned!

You really love being a douche, don't you? I was talking about Christians (some of them anyway). I'm not even white myself. I'm mixed race. And I have friends who are white, black, Indian, Jewish, Asian. My goodness.

You mean, you ACTUALLY believed that calling yourself "Aryan" was a common Christian signifier to the bulk of people that would view this? Now if that just doesn't beat all...

Now I see, it's some sort of sectarian Christian signifier by your statement, yet I can't seem to find any trace of online evidence pointing to this. Just curious as to where you're getting your info from, because 99% of everyone who sees your name and knows the common inference is white pride, but you're in that 1% who claims that it's meaning something else. Smells fishy to me, but again, throw some evidence my way and educate me, since I'm apparently an douche that doesn't know better in your eyes.

To ask, do you think Jesus approves of you calling people "douches"? WWJD, and all that sort of thing.