Candy goes from grose to musculous!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing results, Candyflip!! You are an inspiration!

I am wondering some things. First, you say you only did 1-2 different bodybuilding exercises a week, correct? But your whole body is muscular now, so does that mean you would rotate the different exercises week by week to cover all the body parts? How long did you do cardio for and how long weights for during each one hour session?

Also, I am interested to know what your height is and what weight you were before and after (and clothing sizes too). And were you always fat, or not? You seem to have a very small body frame.

I am learning a lot by everyone's comments here. Thanks!

Absolutely amazing! Miss, you are looking terribly HOT!

OK folks, here's what a FINNISH person can do! Watch and learn!

I'd say it's the crappy weather you have up-there.

It helps people do crazy stuff, like the stuff Candy did! Not being able to do much since going out is akin to commiting suicide (by freezing your ass off) can make you focus - really focus!

(OK, I don't really know the specifics about your weather, but anything below 20°C or less than 12 hours of sun is a crappy weather anyways! )

I am wondering some things. First, you say you only did 1-2 different bodybuilding exercises a week, correct? But your whole body is muscular now, so does that mean you would rotate the different exercises week by week to cover all the body parts? How long did you do cardio for and how long weights for during each one hour session?

Also, I am interested to know what your height is and what weight you were before and after (and clothing sizes too). And were you always fat, or not? You seem to have a very small body frame.

I started off with only cardio, then included some bb-excersizes, but i think it's been more or less only bb since the beginning of this year, if the one-month super-weight-loss-cardio-episode in april isn't taken into account.

Hmmm, i've got all my excersises on my palm computer, but because the battery died in april i lost all my info on everything before that, so i have to try and remember now... I guess i did excersises mainly on different machines because i didn't really have the muscles for free weights yet. My program had two different days, if i remember correctly it was one torso-day and one limb-day. (Ps. cbob3000 if you're reading this and remember more about my early work outs, please post!)

But from about the beginning of the year i've done 3-4 bb-excersises/week and i changed my routine to 3-day about the time when i first started writing here. The super-weight-loss-cardio-episode consisted of four 40min interval-excersises/week. I also bicycle everywhere, so that's where i get my cardio workout now when i'm "only" doing bb-excersises.

I was in a different town studying adventure education in may for the whole month and only got like 2-3 bb-workouts/week (but also did climbing, kayaking, hiking...). I gave myself time to think about what i really want to do with my body and if i really want to train seriously or just stick with what i'd got so far. I obviously decided to get more serious about this, i don't know if i'll get so serious that i'd attend competitions, but i know i need something in my body that i can be proud about now i don't have the tits-and-ass -thing going on for me anymore (hope they'll follow the rest some day, though). So since the end of may i've worked out harder and more than before.

I guess i have good genes, i haven't seen many women with as big lower back muscles as my mom, and she doesn't do bb I'm not afraid of big weights and don't want the oh-so-trendy "long, lean, gaselle-like small muscles", i work my butt off every time on the gym and i have a big feminist pride driving me. I'm so proud that i usually work out with bigger weights than the average non-bb man! Oh, and one of my goals is to win my ex-flatmate-guy in arm wrestling (too bad he's been out on the world hitchhiking for the whole summer so i haven't managed to do that yet)

I'm 173 cm / 5 ft 8 inches tall, my weight was about 95 kg / 209 lbs (or at the extreme worst point 98 kg / 216 lbs) and now it is about 65 kg / 143 lbs. My clothing size was 44-46 (sometimes 42 size shirts and 48 trousers) but i don't know how big that is in non-finnish standards, now it's 34-36. I think i always was a chubby child, during elementary school i gained weight "with the classes" until about the 7'th grade (so 3rd grade = 30 kg / 66 lbs, 6th = 60 kg / 132 lbs...). I remember being about 72 kg (and the same height) when i was 14-15 yrs, weight dropped to minimum 68 kg when i was umm.. living really rebeliously at 15-16 yrs, after that i've only gained weight (with a couple of exceptions of loosing 10 kg and gaining 15). So i havn't weighed this little since i was 12 yrs

Oh, and when i was little i first had juvenile rheuma, and when i got rid of that i got this freaky think in my feet, the bone in my heel was in tens of pieces, maybe even hundreds, instead of 2-3 as is usual for a growing child. I also had astma and allergies. This means that i havn't been able to do any "normal" sports before i was like 17 yrs (and had already been traumatised by gym classes), i always bot so sore joints that i couldn't walk and an astma attac if i tried. I enjoyed swimming alot as a child but got to do that way too seldom. I still get sore joints and have some rheuma symptoms, but nothing that can't be fixed with painkillers (for the inflammation, not the pain). Especially low air pressure (rainy weather) and my periods make my joints ache

OK folks, here's what a FINNISH person can do! Watch and learn!

I'd say it's the crappy weather you have up-there.

It helps people do crazy stuff, like the stuff Candy did! Not being able to do much since going out is akin to commiting suicide (by freezing your ass off) can make you focus - really focus!

(OK, I don't really know the specifics about your weather, but anything below 20°C or less than 12 hours of sun is a crappy weather anyways! )

Heeey don't mock our weather, at least it's not raining all the time like in britain! No but seriously, i like it here. Now it's been aroud or over 20°C for almost a couple of monts and that's about all i can take of this heat. But you know what the best part is? The sun never really sets when it's summer! So you can go on a picnic and stay until 11pm and it's not dark and it's still warm. There's not many places you can do that. My sister lived in italy fore some years and said that it's really depressing that when she gets off from work she thinks that "oh it's only 6pm, maybe we could go to the beach and have a picnic" and it's warm and all sunny, and then she goes out, and then it's 7pm and it's dark as hell and you can't see shit

Ok, it's different in the winters, and at least the end of fall and the beginning of winter is crappy and dark and moist and cold. But the snow makes it all better! And you can go ice-skating and skiing and build snowmen, sit inside with your woolen socks and candles, get red cheek that tingle when you get inside to the warmth, roll in the snow and run to the sauna... But the best part about finnish weather is that it changes all the time, how boring would it be to have only sun and warmth with only some occasional rains! All the plants die in the fall making a last beautiful burst of color, only to rise in the spring making the dull, grey landscape incredibly green. It's hard to not notice and appreciate the nature if all the life is absent for half of the year.

Sorry for the sudden, even kind of nationalistic, outburst. (It's the nature and the place, even sometimes the people, but not the nation, that i love)

Bad ass transformation. You look GREAT! Sexy!

I wish I was as far along in 12 months, musculature wise, I'm on the lazy side since April and I've got 20 (exactly 20) years on you. But that's no excuse, I need to do more. Once school starts, then I can join a gym.

Here's my article about kale's skin firming effects:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2008220/fight_wrinkles_and_saggy_skin_with.html

It's no overnight cure, but over time it works great.

(Ps. cbob3000 if you're reading this and remember more about my early work outs, please post!)

Yeah, I guess it's about time for me to take part in this thread. I think candy's early workouts consisted mostly of 10-30 minutes of some cardio machine (stepper and/or treadmill), followed by the muscle exercise machines in some order for some ~half an hour, or until I was done with my workout. I don't remember her having actual workout program until the main weight loss had already occured. Since that she's been going really hard, I gotta admit I'm pretty proud of her

I think we should start a new feature on the main website for "Transformation of the Year" like Bodybuilding.com does and give you a feature or an award or something....you're inspiring people like crazy!

You've become one of the most influential people around here and it's awesome!

I think we should start a new feature on the main website for "Transformation of the Year" like Bodybuilding.com does and give you a feature or an award or something....you're inspiring people like crazy!

You've become one of the most influential people around here and it's awesome!

omg you're just too kind!

I can't think about myself or my transformation like that at all, but i'm very happy if i really can help other people with achieving their dreams!

You dropsoul are a nominee too! I just thought of the idea today or yesterday when looking at how popular this section is and knowing that BB.com has a transformation of year and working with them too inspired me to think of something we could do here.

Candy has inspired many and so have you and many others too....so I'll think about creating this award or recognition, etc. because I think it has value and can inspire a lot of people!

You dropsoul are a nominee too! I just thought of the idea today or yesterday when looking at how popular this section is and knowing that BB.com has a transformation of year and working with them too inspired me to think of something we could do here.

Candy has inspired many and so have you and many others too....so I'll think about creating this award or recognition, etc. because I think it has value and can inspire a lot of people!

I was hoping I could be awarded the most uninspiring. Still hopeful.

But yes Candy's photos were way more than an amazing tranformation, that I had to show my daughters.

She blows me away, so I don't think there's any competition. I'm so happy for the animals though. The better looking we look, the more we're listened to. Good grief the looks I get now. I'm still a friendly fat girl, so now I'm a friendly fit girl.

I'm grateful to be fit. I leafleted outside of the movie "Food Inc." and it helps to look good for the animals and unload a lot of the "Why Vegan' stuff from Vegan Outreach. Yeah Buddy!

Tomorrow I tour my very first gym. It's on the way to the school Mani is attending in a few weeks. Fun!

Best hamstring, inner thigh, and butt exercise which doesn't kill your knees and it works like crazy:

Lay down on the floor on a mat and put your heels on the edge of a 30 - 90 cm high chair or couch or block. Something stable. Your legs will be in an L shape, not straight. Wear shoes with a nice squishy heel. Push off each heel to the ceiling while extending your other leg or using the other leg to assist lightly until you can do it. Move your foot position to the arch and do it for the outer part of your butt.

• 2 weeks later...

Just came here from a link Robert put on Facebook. Nice transformation! I went through something very similar. Unfortunately, even after four or so years, I have trouble with abdominal fat. Currently, I am at six percent body fat (measured through several different methods, so likely quite accurate) and I still have a bit of a pouch. Hopefully, since your skin is so elastic and such, any such problem you have will go away. I will likely have to have some sort of surgery done to get rid of it.