Hey Robert, did you finally grow some abs?

robert

They aren't perfect, but they are improving

The only reason I post this as it's own new thread is because anyone who has followed my bodybuilding career knows that for 10 years I have been bodybuilding and for 10 years my abdominals have been one of my weakest muscle groups period.

Again, they aren't great, but perhaps the best they have EVER been for me. Now I can just keep working harder and turn this weakness into a strength.

Here is a video preview of me posing 1 day before competition (I compete tomorrow morning)

I'm not real big...only weighed in at 171 pounds even though I was 186-188 lbs 2 weeks ago....I dropped a lot recently and it left me fairly shredded so I hope some of that comes through in the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v8Q7kSfyOo\

For a full recap of my day today, check out my Robert Cheeke Show on YouTube

www.youtube.com/robertcheekeshow

you definitely did, but you also have dieted your beautiful mass away again . MAAAN!! Why did you do that?

To me the nearly 200pounder Cheeke looked GREAT!

I would prefer to compete a bit bigger and buff and not 100 % cut ... but that´s my opinion

but your definition is really nice.

Thanks...yeah abs seemed to look good....much better in person than in the video......so it has been nice. Even backstage they looked really good but I got my ass kicked today!

7th out of 9

I go back to finals in 2 hours....first time in 11 contests not placing in top 5....got too small Not SWOL enough.......

Had fun, but have to improve a lot to stay competitive.

Bro, hard to tell with the lighting. I did notice one thing about your posing that I never noticed before. You come over the top on your ab shots and shadow your abs. It also looked like you were shadowing on your back double bicep pose.

Like I said hard to tell under those lights, but you look flat to me. You were much fuller in Bend and AZ. Space out your next show and put on some size for it. I think you can come back a little more muscular and fuller. Just a thought. Any way you slice it, you did a lot of work and looked and great. Can't wait to see how it looked under good lighting with color.

Yeah....I finally decided to take a break

I have so much fun competing I wanted to cram in as many as possible but I have been on a diet since January and now it's July....I mean...it's fun have in lines in my butt from literally working my ass off (see image below) but I really could benefit from some time off to enjoy food and enjoy the non-bodybuilding aspects of life that have been put on hold because of my bodybuilding lifestyle.

Overall, 2009 was a success but I think I'm hanging up the trunks for the year which makes me feel this way: I have mixed emotions but I think it's for the best to rest, recover and Grow. See you on stage together again next year!

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs188.snc1/6320_1177327027460_1056650054_535187_5252697_n.jpg

Looking forward to it, brother. You had a great season. Peaking that many times back to back is an awesome accomplishment. I was just looking at your 2005 photos. You have really improved a tremendous amount. Keep it up. Next time I am in town or you are out here, let's train together.

Is that your gastrocnemius or huge steel plates in your leg?

Robert, I think 2009 was a huge success in so many ways for you. You did a hell of a lot, in your sport, for your sport, professionally doing other things, and promoting veganism in general.

You have so much to be proud of.

And it's just gonna get better.

I was actually about 15 pounds heavier than my contest weight about 2 weeks before the contest. Leading up to the show I was eating about 4,000+ calories and 300 grams of protein...then I dropped the numbers over the next couple of weeks dramatically and dropped the weight without any cardio.

Looking at the pics like that side chest posted above, I'm pretty hard almost everywhere and I was surprised I was able to attain that without any cardio....I did maybe one session over the final 4 weeks and got in better condition than perhaps ever before.

I just didn't show up ready to battle on Saturday. I tried...., I flexed hard, I thought I looked good backstage and I was pumped from warming up backstage, etc. but looking at a few photos of me on stage...I just didn't look good and the competition was way bigger, way tighter, way harder, and too much for me to contend with.

I had a lot of fun and now I just have to go back to work like I did in 08/09 getting ready for the shows I did this year. It was a really productive year regardless of how I placed in my final show. Of course I wish I could have gone out on a high note, but that is how it goes sometime. I started the season with 1st and 2nd place finishes and that was really good for Vegan Bodybuilding I think and then I cruised along with another good showing and 2 poor showings.

It really was a fun year. I enjoy what I do...now I'm eating more and farting like crazy again....man, it was nice having less gas when I ate cleanly

Talking about the show a bit:

I got an opportunity to work in Chicago that weekend and have to make money rather than spend....so I think I'll be in Chicago on the 8th and 9th and I'll keep shows in the back of my head for later in Oct or Nov for fun, to do a natural show to close out the year...but I'll likely hang up the trunks for the rest of 2009 to rest for a bit and take a break from competing.

Then come back in 2010 and do a series of shows locally in Portland and some other places, perhaps Seattle then too.

See ya! All the best in your show dude! Go get em!

Yeah, it was a lot of food...I was frustrated when smaller guys at my posing class were taking in 400g so I bumped mine up from 200 to 300 and I got bigger and stronger in just a few weeks that I was at that level....then I cut it down to lean out....

Yeah, over 100g fats too, not sure the numbers, but carbs were low so protein and fats were quite high. That is how I got lines in my glutes and pressed over 300 on decline bench ...at least that is what I keep telling myself

Now I'm back to "eating anything that is vegan"

I'll still eat healthy foods like greens, etc. but I'm eating "everything" again after my 6-month dieting season, the longest of my life.