Dating Vegans: Save Match.com as a Resource

http://www.elephantjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/tofu-love-300x269.jpg

Match.com was a fairly decent resource for veg*ns doing online dating.

Match.com had two useful features: a “daily diet” listing on personal ads and an accurate keyword search.

The “daily diet” profile listing would allow you to list your “daily diet” as “vegetarian”. This was great for finding profiles of potential dates who were vegetarian, vegan, or veg*n-friendly.

Match.com had key words you could associate with your profile that acted like an index. The keyword “vegan” on your profile would help others find your profile and you to find others by clicking on the keyword “vegan” on your profile.

A few weeks ago match.com, unannounced, took all of these features away.

The “daily diet” profile listing has been removed.

The keyword search has been made less accurate. Searching on “vegan” now returns any profile with the the string “veg” in it.

These negative changes make match.com not any more useful to single veg*ns than any other site.

If you have 5 minutes please contact match.com through this their customer service URL:

http://www.match.com/matchus/help/contactus.aspx?ct=1

Ask them to bring those features back and if you have a match.com profile please log in first before sending your note.

Thanks much in advance.

• 12 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi all! In fact, when you are over 50 years old, it can be too difficult to find a couple at that age, because there are too few single people at that age. However, don't despair, because you can read this article about Dating when you are over 50 in which you can learn how you can start dating online and try to build new happy relationships with the help of dating apps.
I hope my answer helps you!

• 9 months later...

I understand your uncertainty, because I myself had such thoughts a couple of years ago. I didn't understand how online dating works at all, so I started by learning all about online dating platforms on this page. With this information, it was already much easier for me morally to start dating. I advise you to also read this article, which you will definitely enjoy.

• 1 month later...

More and more people are finding love thanks to all kinds of dating sites. Dating sites give all their users the opportunity to communicate. How to find a girl with similar interests? I have serious plans and I want my fiancee to be on my level.