Hola People!

kylemesa

Heya everyone!

Just found the website because (as i'm sure you know) i'm being criticized for going dietary Vegan and needed some examples of Vegan's who aren't little skinny guys. After about 4 minutes I decided to join the community. I've only been a Vegan for 30 days, so some of you may think i'll be jumping off the "bandwagon" soon, but here's some background as to why i'm here.

I've been a fatty who's primary hobbies have been eating pizza, playing video games and eating pizza for the past 6 years. I've lived a great life like this and never even considered weight loss or changing my diet because things have been going so well for me:

1. Married to a beautiful / understanding woman

2. Have a great career

3. Have plenty of friends (i can take the heat of being the fat guy)

4. Never had any health issues (in spite of my weight)

So I guess I was a positive fatty (and still am since i'm only a month in).

But then one day, I noticed a habit I have in video games... given the option, I always make my characters eat strict Vegan diets. I was playing Sim 3 and my character got the wish to eat pizza and I cancelled the wish like I always do and thought "Don't eat pizza, you'll get fat." Then I realized that my character is living a vegan lifestyle and working out all the time because anything else was a waste of time and they could live longer this way.

The next day at lunch, I noticed one of my favorite soups was vegan and I wondered if I'm a fatty because I lack willpower and I'm just using this "I have what I need" mindset as an excuse like tons of other people I see trying to lose weight (I've never really tried before). So I decided to take care of myself as well as I take care of video game characters. Since then have been 100% vegan. I also started going to the gym 4 days a week to do bodybuilding and cardio.

I may not have the most common reason behind my veganism or my body building (video games...). But in the past 30 day's I've lost 15lbs and I feel healthier than I've ever felt in my life. I don't even have the urge to eat the foods I "gave up".

I take berry flavored Veganique as my protein supplement and the GNC Maximum Greens Ultra Mega VitaPak (the digestive vitamin in this pack contains milk, so I throw that one out)

Cliffs:

I'm 30 days vegan

I started bodybuilding

Hello!!

Haha! That was a great intro!

You definitively got the attitude right. You seem to have it all going well, and since you realized early enough to fix your diet and habits, you'll have it a lot longer than one could have guessed earlier!

PLEASE take pics now, so that you can show what proper vegan diet can do to you! In a few months you'll be amazed!

Also, don't forget that there are many helpful people here to help you. And also some online professional help if you get stuck at any time.