Would you go bowling if you had to wear leather shoes?

aryan

Would you?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been invited to go bowling. The bowling ally only has leather shoes and doesn't allow outside shoes on the lanes. Now I'm in a predicament and feeling conflicted. Going bowling would be fun, but would it be ethical?

Not all bowling shoes are made of leather. There's a good chance that the ones at the lane might be, unfortunately the tag is either not there or so worn that they don't say. But they do make ones that are not made of leather.

Not all bowling shoes are made of leather. There's a good chance that the ones at the lane might be, unfortunately the tag is either not there or so worn that they don't say. But they do make ones that are not made of leather.

I know but I called and asked this particular bowling ally and they were.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a bowler since I was ten or so (came in third in the state last year) and that's the one dilema I have with the sport. Leather is used for the slide, and I've yet to come across a bowling shoe that uses another material for it. As a result, I refuse to get a new pair of shoes unless I find a completely non leather pair. Djshrew, I'd love to see the bowling shoes you mentioned. It'd seriously make my year to own a pair!

If you chose to wear them you might be less freakish to your friends, and making a scene won't really influence anyone nor bring the cow back.

Well, yeah, but my other option would have just been to not go bowling. But I went and the deed is done.