SHOULDERS competition - submit photos here

Richard

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the only thing I've lost is my beer belly, and now I got it back after just 2 days of eating veggie dogs with beer and chips. lol... now I just ate 15 abricots and 10 yellow prunes so I'll get lean again... No seriously, its mostly about the training, gotta work harder and regularly.

Yo Ruz! I've been upping my protein and taking creatine and of course, training hard.

Do ya think I'll have muscles like yours soon?

I've noticed some gains in the past couple months of this new program of mine. It's all compounds!

Yep of course!! Compounds are wicked! My shoulders are the muscles which have shown the most improvment in the last year..these photos only have 1 mega pixel which is good when I'm taking photos of my face cause you can't see the wrinkles but shit when I'm trying to take photos of my muscles so you'll have to take my word on it!

I've been using Built's shoulder workout which comprises of hang cleans and olympic bar corner presses..then i follow this up by a superseries of arnold presses and round the worlds..give it a go, your shoulders blow up like balloons! However, i must say that after a year of doing this, i'm getting a bit freaked out by the vascularity I've got in my shoulders, a bit is ok... but mine are starting to look like a map of the london Underground

Go for 8-10 reps on the hang cleans, 4-6 on the OB corner presses and 6-8 on the superseries..that burns like hell but you get an amazing pump and some great DOMs!!

BTW..your triceps are looking a LOT better!

Yo Ruz! I've been upping my protein and taking creatine and of course, training hard.

Do ya think I'll have muscles like yours soon?

I've noticed some gains in the past couple months of this new program of mine. It's all compounds!

Yep of course!! Compounds are wicked! My shoulders are the muscles which have shown the most improvment in the last year..these photos only have 1 mega pixel which is good when I'm taking photos of my face cause you can't see the wrinkles but shit when I'm trying to take photos of my muscles so you'll have to take my word on it!

I've been using Built's shoulder workout which comprises of hang cleans and olympic bar corner presses..then i follow this up by a superseries of arnold presses and round the worlds..give it a go, your shoulders blow up like balloons! However, i must say that after a year of doing this, i'm getting a bit freaked out by the vascularity I've got in my shoulders, a bit is ok... but mine are starting to look like a map of the london Underground

Go for 8-10 reps on the hang cleans, 4-6 on the OB corner presses and 6-8 on the superseries..that burns like hell but you get an amazing pump and some great DOMs!!

BTW..your triceps are looking a LOT better!

Thanks! I've never had nice triceps, but I've been training lots and I bought some new weights for nights when I work late and can't get to the gym. I've been doing dips too.

I read Built's workouts and I totally wanna do it!

Hi Guys,

I hurriedly took these so hope they came out okay. I'm definitely getting cut but I think have lost a little mass in the last few months.

http://i25.tinypic.com/21l7tcl.jpg

http://i32.tinypic.com/mtqs75.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/j1821x.jpg

After looking at them online the photos lose definition which is a shame. But at least I entered!

Thanks Guys! You are very encouraging. I'd like to put on a little more muscle but I can definitely say that eating low fat raw vegan has been the key to getting lean. Muscle building has always been easy but getting truly lean has been difficult. Now that I'm eating really clean, that old toxic fat has nothing feeding it!

Dr. Debra

Hey Ruz;

You look very solid and filled in. Do you mind if I ask you how tall you are?

5 feet 7 inches, or 1 meter 70 whichever you prefer..pretty short by todays standards but that was tall when I was a teenager my 12 year old daughter is already much taller and heavier than me..if she starts training one day she will be really scarey!!

Thanks Guys! You are very encouraging. I'd like to put on a little more muscle but I can definitely say that eating low fat raw vegan has been the key to getting lean. Muscle building has always been easy but getting truly lean has been difficult. Now that I'm eating really clean, that old toxic fat has nothing feeding it!

Dr. Debra

Very impressive for a female on a raw diet to be that muscular, SO your on like a 811 type diet? How long have you been on that?

Very impressive for a female on a raw diet to be that muscular, SO your on like a 811 type diet? How long have you been on that?

Yup, basically 811 for the last 6 months. Green smoothies are my mainstay. And on occasion a bit more fat but some days almost none.

Dr. Debra

That's cool, I was on that for a couple months and will be on it for the next month becasue i'm having problems with my wisdom teeth coming in and i have to wait 3 weeks to get them out so i'm just going to do smoothies.

How is your strength gains now compared to training on different diets in the past? what about different stuff like how are you feeling now compared to before? What are your calories at?

I think the average for American women is 5 5. 5 7 is getting tall. Most women who are as muscularly thick as you are very tiny. I'm impressed. How many years have you been lifting? Are you photos taken after a dieting cycle or do you keep that amount of definition normally?

Definition? hahhaha..i look completely flat with this 1 megapixel camera. I'm going to upload some more photos when I get back to spain although it will be too late for this particular competition

Actually, i've put on about half a stone in 2 weeks since i came to the UK (I'm too scared to weigh myself to find out the real extent of the damage) so i dont look anywhere as ripped as normal. I've been training with some competition level bodybuilders and they scream at me to lift more and more (I wouldn't be surprised if they got out a cattle prod!)...I normally only workout for about 40 min but these heavy, long workouts I've been doing here make me unbelievably hungry and i've been eating like a pregnant horse so its understandable I've lost a bit of definition but I'm enjoying myself no end!

Normally though, I keep my body fat pretty low which isnt easy for me. However, there is a lot a variation between my summer and winter bodyfat levels. As i live in the hottest city in Spain, its hard to eat during summer (I dont have air con) so i eat mainly raw with very few starchy carbs, this always leaves me ripped. During winter however, i crave starchy carbs and always put on at least 3/4 of a stone and have much higher levels of body fat..generally its about 10-12% in Summer going up to 15-18% in winter. Interestingly, I've found that I make little to no muscular gains when I'm totally ripped and put on muscle a hell of a lot easier when i have more bodyfat during winter. So many bodybuilders have told me you need to get a little fat to gain muscle and for me its definitely true.

I can't really tell you how long i have been lifting as I have had bouts of lifting in the past and then changed sports. I was a competition level swimmer as a kid which gave me my wide back and muscular chest. Then i went on to bodybuilding at about 18 for a few years, got bored and gave it up. I didn't really do any sport again until I was about 33 when I started running..i did that for a few years till i screwed up my achiles tendon and out of desperation i started going to the gym again. I worked out on and off for about 3 years but i was mainly into boxing at that time. However I gradually got more serious about bodybuilding, or addicted would prehaps be a more appropriate adjective..so i suppose i have been working out seriously for about 3 years although i already had a lot of muscle when i started.

As regards my height combined with muscle, yep, most people describe me as "scarey looking" which is fine by me