Veggie From Northern Illinois

Colee

Hi all,

I've been checking out this board on and off for a few years and figured now would be as good of a time to get active as ever. I'll be twenty in less than a month and have been vegan for a little over two years (vegetarian for three years before that). I chose the veggie lifestyle because of ethical reasons, but over the years I've come to realize how awesome the health benefits are! I'm currently pursuing a degree in anthropology (double major in either Classics or French) and plan to follow it all the way to the doctorate level so I can specialize in forensics. I'm a strong supporter of animal rights and tend to pay special attention to vivisection issues because the scientific community is something I will most likely be dealing with for quite a long time. My hobbies and interests are so varied that it's impossible to list even a small portion of them, but I'd have to say that I enjoy pretty much anything that has to do with creativity, learning, and expanding my mind as well as meeting people who have anything to say (which is pretty much everyone to some degree).

As far as athleticism goes, I played softball for a decade and considered playing in college. As much as I enjoy it I'm not really into all the politics involved and remembered that before I decided to join the team. I do bowl, have been for the last ten years, and ended up winning a couple of scholarships from the state ang regional youth programs. I don't work out nearly as much as I used to (something I hope to fix), but I do play tennis often and use tai chi for meditative purposes.

I'm excited to be an active member of the group; this place always seems to have something interesting going on!

Colee

Thanks for the warm welcomes! Thanks for the heads up about Veggie Fest Robert. I'm a little less than an hour away. I've wanted to go to it for the last two years, but schedules never seemed to workout. This year I'm bringing along a few fellow veggies and meat eaters ... should be a lot of fun!