Macro-nutrient ratios: Is my diet imbalanced for my goals?

Didn't think it had anything to do with avoidance.

Sure it does. i try to avoid the smart ass ones. Pretty sure you were the guy that said eskimos had great heath, I looked more into it and they have extremely high levels of bone problems.

Let me ask you a couple of question, please try not to avoid any one or part of these questions, please.

Are you talking about now adays where western type diets have been introduced in to ancient diets, also

it,s easy to say thing but, how about some sources that deal with strickly traditional diets.

Saying something and giving proof of something are two different thing.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't think it had anything to do with avoidance.

Sure it does. i try to avoid the smart ass ones. Pretty sure you were the guy that said eskimos had great heath, I looked more into it and they have extremely high levels of bone problems.

Let me ask you a couple of question, please try not to avoid any one or part of these questions, please.

Are you talking about now adays where western type diets have been introduced in to ancient diets, also

it,s easy to say thing but, how about some sources that deal with strickly traditional diets.

Saying something and giving proof of something are two different thing.

I'm talking about diet in general. Every really sucessfull health cultures have many things in common and the unhealthy ones have things in common. I think the biggest factor is the processing of food beyond anything else. From there the next biggest factor is macro ratio's which are in direct relationship to the amount of animal foods since there dominated by fats and protein. If you can provide some examples of really healthy cultures where there carbs are below 30 percent total calories.

Unsubstantiated bullshit, is still unsubstantiated bullshit.

I'm beginning to believe you weigh 300lbs.

Whats unsubstantiated? i've said this over and over allmost without exception healthy cultures eat a diet high in good carbs, and your the one saying it will casue blood sugar issues or obesity and what no. ALl you have to do is look at what works and stop following akins dogma as a vegan

Sorry, I didn't realise that you have trouble with interactive dialog.

It's like a broken record. I confront you with your claims. And all you can say is the same old thing, and you can't substantiate the claims your make.

You're the king of avoidance.

It's like a broken record. I confront you with your claims. And all you can say is the same old thing, and you can't substantiate the claims your make.

because you take nutritional debates and turn them personal. callin me 300 pounds lol your what 55 and your acting like 8 year old. What if i was 300 pounds? it surely wouldn't be from brown rice and potatoes

because you take nutritional debates and turn them personal. callin me 300 pounds lol your what 55 and your acting like 8 year old. What if i was 300 pounds? it surely wouldn't be from brown rice and potatoes

100 extra calories (less than 1/2 cup of plain brown rice) a day will yeld you over 120 pounds of fat in 10 years.

Not one fat person in these so called ideal diet cultures?

Read what I wrote, I never said (callin) you were 300 lbs. I said "I'm beginning to believe you weigh 300lbs." There is a difference.

100 extra calories (less than 1/2 cup of plain brown rice) a day will yeld you over 120 pounds of fat in 10 years.

Not one fat person in these so called ideal diet cultures?

Read what I wrote, I never said (callin) you were 300 lbs. I said "I'm beginning to believe you weigh 300lbs." There is a difference.

show me someone obese on whole low fat food

We have come full circle again, in your inability to see the difference between caloric intake and diet.

Again show me someone that is obese on low fat whole foods. IS it possible on paper sure, but i've never seen it. cup of grains or legumes is around 230 calories so you can eat 10 cups of food and be at 2300 calories. 10 cups of sad food would be like what 4000 calories depending on what it was. factor in fiber which makes you full on less calories some thing sad as little off. Americans aren't fat just becasue lack of will power there fat becasue the food quality is garbage

Lets break down how many calories are in what and we'll see why people are fat and why it's just about impossible to be obese on whole healthy foods

Good low fat foods:

1 cup brown rice: 216 calories

1 cup black bean: 227

1 huge banana: 120

unhealthy common eatten foods:

1 cup oilive oil: 1909

1 cup white sugar: 774

1 cup flower: 400

We have come full circle again, in your inability to see the difference between caloric intake and diet.

Again show me someone that is obese on low fat whole foods. IS it possible on paper sure, but i've never seen it. Americans aren't fat just becasue lack of will power there fat becasue the food quality is garbage

Ther are fat and skinny people in all cultures. You've "never seen it" because you refuse to see it.

Not all Americans are fat, There are fat American on good diets, and skinny Americans on poor diets.

You read these books and you form some perfect senerio and you want to apply to all you see. If you think you can't get fat on a good diet, well you're reasoning skill are definitly missing.

Lets break down how many calories are in what and we'll see why people are fat and why it's just about impossible to be obese on whole healthy foods

Good low fat foods:

1 cup brown rice: 216 calories

1 cup black bean: 227

1 huge banana: 120

unhealthy common eatten foods:

1 cup oilive oil: 1909

1 cup white sugar: 774

1 cup flower: 400

People are fat because they consume more calories than they burn.

There is no two way about.

It doesn't make a difference what you eat.

Edited by Vegan Joe

Again show me someone that is obese on low fat whole foods. IS it possible on paper sure, but i've never seen it. Americans aren't fat just becasue lack of will power there fat becasue the food quality is garbage

Ther are fat and skinny people in all cultures. You've "never seen it" because you refuse to see it.

Not all Americans are fat, There are fat American on good diets, and skinny Americans on poor diets.

You read these books and you form some perfect senerio and you want to apply to all you see. If you think you can't get fat on a good diet, well you're reasoning skill are definitly missing.

The places where you see the highest obesity are the places that have western diets. I've been to a 4 different countries in central and south america and also Japan and thailand and there are very few fat people. Couple overweight people here and there, but not much at all. The western diet is being spread thoughout the world so it wouldn't be long until we see obesity spread outside the west. again show me someone obese on Whole food low fat vegan diet and i'll show you someone that is lieing about there diet or hasn't been on the diet long enough or if there really have some really serious medical problem then they'd be twice the size on a more calorie dense diet.

The places where you see the highest obesity are the places that have western diets. I've been to a 4 different countries in central and south america and also Japan and thailand and there are very few fat people. Couple overweight people here and there, but not much at all. The western diet is being spread thoughout the world so it wouldn't be long until we see obesity spread outside the west. again show me someone obese on Whole food low fat vegan diet and i'll show you someone that is lieing about there diet or hasn't been on the diet long enough or if there really have some really serious medical problem then they'd be twice the size on a more calorie dense diet.

Been to Singapore, Mainland China, Hong Kong, Gulf of Tokin, Philippines Japan, Hawaii, Mexico, But we're talking over thirty years ago. Where were you 30 years ago?

Edited by Vegan Joe

Do you mean fat and twice as fat?

Been to Singapore, Mainland China, Hong Kong, Philippines Japan, Hawaii, Mexico, But we're talking over thirty years ago. Where were you 30 years ago?

wasn't born 30 years ago. twice as fat. The people that are fat in these countries are the ones that eat poor foods. Doesn't matter what part of the world you live in bad foods are bad foods

I notice a change of tune.

i don't, but that's good you do casue your going getting anywhere with your aruguments. Your whole statement, exercise is good and i agree, diet doesn't have that much to do with health as long as your restricting calories/ exercising, strongly disagree. calories and diet two seperate things, that's like saying a engine and a car are two different things. Anyways i'm done going in circles with you becasue we can do this for 50 pages and nothing will change. continue buying into the diet doesn't matter stuff and the carbs will make you sick and fat stuff and i'll continue doing what i'm doing.

i don't, but that's good you do casue your going getting anywhere with your aruguments. Your whole statement, exercise is good and i agree, diet doesn't have that much to do with health as long as your restricting calories/ exercising, strongly disagree. calories and diet two seperate things, that's like saying a engine and a car are two different things. Anyways i'm done going in circles with you becasue we can do this for 50 pages and nothing will change. continue buying into the diet doesn't matter stuff and the carbs will make you sick and fat stuff and i'll continue doing what i'm doing.

You interpretation of my words are suited to your argument. But that not really what I'm saying.

But if it makes you happy go for it.

Listening is a learned responsed.

PS still waiting for that data on Eskimos.

Mcdougall and john robbins have info about that. If you don't belive them and there sources a google search will come up with alot of info about eskimo's and there bone health. The only places that i've read thay says they have good bone health is the Wesern A Price people which are the most anti vegan people ever.

IF you can show me some studies that show exercise on a bad diet is better then no exercise on a good diet shoot it my way. Don't get why you won't say the truth and that's that both diet and exercise are large factors in bone health. your only as strong as your weakest link

Why care about eskimos? They live untill they are 35 if they are lucky. Their health sucks in general and their diet is not good.

On paper it's possible but in practice it would be hard

This is true.

IF you can show me some studies that show exercise on a bad diet is better then no exercise on a good diet shoot it my way. Don't get why you won't say the truth and that's that both diet and exercise are large factors in bone health. your only as strong as your weakest link

Not the best study ever made but still worth thinking about:

Lifestyle factors and the development of bone mass and bone strength in young women.

OBJECTIVE: To evaluate the contributions of adolescent calcium intake, oral contraceptive use, and exercise on bone mass and bone strength.Study design Eighty white women participated in 10 years of the Penn State Young Women's Health Study, a longitudinal study of community participants. We measured bone mineral mass (g), density (BMD, g/cm(2)), and body composition from dual energy x-ray absorptiometry and estimated proximal femur section modulus (bone bending strength). Calcium intake was determined from 45 days of prospective food records at regular intervals between the ages of 12 and 22 years. Exercise history and oral contraceptive use were assessed by questionnaire. RESULTS: Daily calcium intakes between the ages of 12 and 22 years ranged from 500 to 1900 mg/d and were not significantly associated with bone gain or bone strength. Oral contraceptive use during adolescence was not correlated with bone or body composition measurements. Femoral neck BMD did not change from 17 to 22 years of age, but section modulus increased 3% (P <.05). Only exercise during adolescence was significantly associated with increased BMD and bone bending strength. CONCLUSIONS: Adolescent lifestyle patterns can influence young adult bone strength. Our data suggest that exercise is the predominant lifestyle determinant of bone strength for this cohort.