Protein Shakes...How much is too much?

Been looking around and trying to find out what everyone really thinks is too much protein based from powders.

Personally I take in daily 3 - 4 shakes. I know its much better to get them from whole food sources. But my question is am I ok with getting roughly half my daily protein intake from rice and hemp protein? I usually take in around 220g of protein a day, what doesn't come from protein powders comes from, seitan, tempeh, beans, tofu/soy.

If there is a reason why getting it from whole food sources is much better for me then I will try my hardest to eat more whole foods. But if I am ok with what I am doing now then I'll stick with it since my daily schedule is sporatic and sometimes harder to eat whole meals.

I guess it is mostly a matter of personal choice. However, whole foods are largely touted as being better for you than shakes because if all you are consuming is shakes, you are missing out on a lot of nutrients. Of course, you can try and remedy that by further supplementing with vitamins but...wouldn't it just be easier to eat real food? Sure protein shakes have their place, they're fast, they're convenient, and they sure do have a lot of protein. But make sure you're not taking so many of them that you are depriving yourself of other nutrients you need.

Thanks for the reply. I have cut down to 3 shakes a day out of my 7 meals. And with each shake I eat some sort of whole food with it. Gonna see how this goes for a while, in a perfect world I would eat whole meals all day long but then again unless i figure out a way to mount a cooking station in my car this will not happen