Favorite Comic Book Hero/Heroine?

Ryofire

If you're really looking for superhero deconstruction within a superhero universe, try to track down Marvelman/Miracleman (out-of-print, but Marvel thinks they purchased the rights. As soon as they get all the copyright claims cleared up, they'll immediately reprint). You hear a lot about DKR and Watchmen, but MM is what really broke things open. (Also, Animal Man is a hell of a read. Meta-everything.)

For modern stuff being published as we speak, Ellis is finishing up his "superhero" trilogy (Black Summer, No Hero) with Supergod in a few months. And Waid is having fun being off the leash with Irredeemable. Kick Ass has been a fun deconstructsploitation, to completely make up a word.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will have to check those out. I like the new word, BTW.

Always been a fan of the punisher. The movies were pretty bad but I had a fine collection of the comics/graphic novels as a kid. I like what zen said about him. Sums things up nicely.

"The Punisher is a vigilante who considers killing, kidnapping, extortion, coercion, threats of violence and torture to be acceptable crime-fighting tactics."

Wow, you are a fan of killing, kidnapping, extortion, coercion, threats of violence, and torture? You must be a psychopath along with being an ass!

"The Punisher is a vigilante who considers killing, kidnapping, extortion, coercion, threats of violence and torture to be acceptable crime-fighting tactics."

Wow, you are a fan of killing, kidnapping, extortion, coercion, threats of violence, and torture? You must be a psychopath along with being an ass!

I don't think I've ever read a comic without immediately acting out the events, so you might have a point. Or you might just be an idiot.

I don't think I've ever read a comic without immediately acting out the events, so you might have a point. Or you might just be an idiot.

I was giving CollegeB some of his own medicine that he spouted on another thread. I was trying to show his hypocrisy.

I was giving CollegeB some of his own medicine that he spouted on another thread. I was trying to show his hypocrisy.

Well don't let that junk spill over here. Wait until he does something stupid in THIS thread, then get on his case.